Lost my touch?

If ones swing is off and the score is already ruined by the seventh hole, then the cart girl’s offer of a cold beer on a hot day is difficult to resist. And once she sees a golfer likes beer, she’s back around quite often to make sure they do not go dry. Hence my comment that, on a bad day, by the 11th hole I’ve given her fifty bucks.

So what you are saying is there is no incentive, well no good reason anyway, to get better at golf but there are certain aspects to the game that can be attractive.

Finding my self where I do and failing to have located a sunny, sandy beach within a thousand miles sounds like the golf course could be a passable alternative.
Thanks for the skinny. :thumbsup:

. . . oh . . . I mean . . . how about that hand sharpening ?
I'm not so good at it. I need help occasionally . . .

With the Edge Pro one doesn't need to develop a feel. Just watch the DVD or the YouTubes by Ben Dale, make a list of steps . . . step by step. Do it and WHAMMO !
A jaw droppingly fantastico edge.
Once you can remember the steps put the list away for when you forget how.
It's as simple as : put your socks on before your shoes. Only there are more socks and more shoes but you get the idea.

An example is set the stop collar using the first stone. Put the second stone on the stop
collar and set the hight of the rod carrier from that. Do that for each additional stone. Sounds complicated (it is just the turn of a little wing nut).

Forget to do this for each stone and the edge may suck.
Remember to do it for each stone and you will not believe the hell raising edge you have just created for yourself.
That's about it.

My big issue with those style of sharpening is that they typically cannot do recurves without special attatchment

And they tend to round the secondary tip on tanto knives.

Back