Lost one of my favorites! (Found)

Under the seat, in my car. I had looked several times already!!! I keep a present wrench and various garbage under the seat. I pulled it all out, and was still barely able to spy it with a bright light!

I have lost a custom Jared Oeser two blade XL Gunstock for several days.... more than once. That was a truly sickening feeling!!!!!
They say things are always the last place you look, but I guess they can also be the first second and third :D

Not any really costly knives but I lost two in the last year: a Case Scout Jr. and a Victorinox Alox Electrician. No happy ending. :(

A lot of people know about the dangers of cars: accidents, pollution, noise etc. but they forget that cars are a Black Hole for knives:eek: This story illustrates it really well too:D The nooks and cranies around seats have swallowed up many a knife I suspect, and it's hard to see them-except perhaps Yellow Delrin...

But that cap? Stolen from a Court!!!:eek::confused:o_O Bizarre.....

Under the seat, in my car. I had looked several times already!!! I keep a present wrench and various garbage under the seat. I pulled it all out, and was still barely able to spy it with a bright light!

I have lost a custom Jared Oeser two blade XL Gunstock for several days.... more than once. That was a truly sickening feeling!!!!!
That's exactly the first place I tell people to look. A couple of years ago, I lost my buffalo horn gepetto whittler. We were at a county store. I searched the store. Backtracked the parking lot. Loomed for sign in the fresh snow. Looked in my 6 speed 2500 Ram with charcoal interior numerous times. Then I thought, sweat pants, six speed moving legs to shift, it fell out of my pocket while shifting gears. I found it way back under the drivers seat, up against the center console. First place to look.......

A lot of people know about the dangers of cars: accidents, pollution, noise etc. but they forget that cars are a Black Hole for knives:eek: This story illustrates it really well too:D The nooks and cranies around seats have swallowed up many a knife I suspect, and it's hard to see them-except perhaps Yellow Delrin...

But that cap? Stolen from a Court!!!:eek::confused:o_O Bizarre.....

Well, I'm up in court several times a week, all day. I frequenrlyb leave my hats up in court. The normal court room we use for Superior court has a coat rack, wirh a hat shelf. Never had anyone bother my hat there (having two officers from the jail sitting by it helps) but we were in a different court room, due to a Jury deliberating in our normal room. I left the hat sitting on a seat, while I ran back to the office to grab something. Likely, an out of custody defendant saw the hat, and nabbed it on their way out. I have My suspicions on the precise one, who was right near where I left the hat, and was gathering up his papers and items. No cameras, and the officers did not notice.

A couple knives have gone missing in the last couple of years, neither appropriate for mention in this forum. One was found the next day on the snowy pavement next to my bus; the replacement was already on order. The other was by theft. The culprit was known to me, has since fessed up and promised to replace it.

More vexing than any knife was the 4 1/2” Channellock plier that found its way through a hole in my pocket the other day. It should be somewhere along a fairly narrow path between my house and the street, but it hasn’t turned up yet. A replacement should be in today’s mail, so I expect the lost pliers to appear shortly. The pants are going to have to go to a seamstress.

I always love a store with a happy ending. Glad your knife came out of hiding. I hope the others in this thread find their's as well.

Glad you found it.

@Mike Robuck

That would drive me crazy. If I was in your position I would have shamelessly called the HS about 5 times. I've had knives fall out of my pockets before (mostly in the car) and I can't stop searching until I find the knife. I am a little insane when it comes to making sure I have all my personal belongings on me. I probably check about 10 times a day to make sure I'm not leaving my phone/wallet/keys/knife anywhere. It's definitely not healthy and I don't recommend it.

A couple knives have gone missing in the last couple of years, neither appropriate for mention in this forum. One was found the next day on the snowy pavement next to my bus; the replacement was already on order. The other was by theft. The culprit was known to me, has since fessed up and promised to replace it.

More vexing than any knife was the 4 1/2” Channellock plier that found its way through a hole in my pocket the other day. It should be somewhere along a fairly narrow path between my house and the street, but it hasn’t turned up yet. A replacement should be in today’s mail, so I expect the lost pliers to appear shortly. The pants are going to have to go to a seamstress.

FOUND!!!!!

This morning, I parked a bit further down my driveway, due to a visitor’s car that blocked my usual spot. I happened to look down and , mirabile dictu, there they were, nestled in the Class 5, pressed into the surface a little bit but really no worse for wear. Of course, I have been carrying a fresh plier for a few days now, so I have a spare.

This little drama cannot begin to compare with the loss of almost any knife, because channellock pliers are purely utilitarian, no matter how small and cute. They cannot engender the sort of emotional attachment that can fix to a knife, or, say, a nice pair of Randolph Engineering aviator shades.

FOUND!!!!!

This morning, I parked a bit further down my driveway, due to a visitor’s car that blocked my usual spot. I happened to look down and , mirabile dictu, there they were, nestled in the Class 5, pressed into the surface a little bit but really no worse for wear. Of course, I have been carrying a fresh plier for a few days now, so I have a spare.

This little drama cannot begin to compare with the loss of almost any knife, because channellock pliers are purely utilitarian, no matter how small and cute. They cannot engender the sort of emotional attachment that can fix to a knife, or, say, a nice pair of Randolph Engineering aviator shades.
Congrats, Henry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

- GT

Back