Love my PARA, slight problem though!

After reading almost every Spyder post on this forum and others I finally bought myself a Para....what a delight!

Closer inspection at home showed that there was discolouration on the spacer after the lanyard hole. The dealer convinced me that it was just glue or some dirt. Three months later now and the spacer is getting "dirtier" with some rust on the sides. Seems like pitting is getting worse all around the spacer.
I paid $200 for the knife and thought the internal handle parts would be highly corrosion resistant. What steel is used for the liners and spacers?

None of my knives or Spydies have ever had rust, even the Merlin that I keep iwb of cycling shorts. I have plenty of time on the farm to sharpen, oil and dust my knife collection.

Q: Could this be a bad batch of parts or "faulty" steel for a lack of a better term?

The importers in South Africa insinuate that I've exposed it to corrosive substances. My new baby has been limited to cutting sticks, brances in the orchards and hair on my forearm....no wet work!

Any ideas, suggestions or similar experience?

Besides this small issue...still the best knife I own with the most impressive lock up!!!!!!!1

Back