Loving my Arowana!

Just received this in the mail today.
42098bc75bc3f480bb9ad8a5efd2fcc1.jpg

It feels great in hand. I have yet to use it, but it is very comfortable and the balance is perfect. Great design. Thanks Allen

Last edited:
I absolutely love this knife. From the kitchen to the woods, this knife can get a lot done.

DSC02773-vi.jpg

DSC02775-vi.jpg

DSC02777-vi.jpg

I absolutely love the look of this knife. The Arowana and Bison are on my "to look for" list for Blade.

My one question is regarding thickness. I get the reason for the thin 3/32" blade. However, I would like to use this for more "hard-use" tasks, and would love to get one in 5/32" or 3/16". Has Alan made one in 3/16"? Now that you have had it for a while, how do you like the 5/32" Arowana?

I absolutely love the look of this knife. The Arowana and Bison are on my "to look for" list for Blade.

My one question is regarding thickness. I get the reason for the thin 3/32" blade. However, I would like to use this for more "hard-use" tasks, and would love to get one in 5/32" or 3/16". Has Alan made one in 3/16"? Now that you have had it for a while, how do you like the 5/32" Arowana?

I really like the 5/32" and just because I am so curious, I would love to try one in 3/32". Now that Allen is making some crazy awesome kitchen knives though, I might need to jump on one of those instead and stick with this one in 5/32". If you want an all around knife I think 5/32" is perfect but 3/16" would make a great chopper!

I was having this thought as well. I feel like a 1/8 or 3/32 Arowana would make a great all around woods and kitchen knife.

I was having this thought as well. I feel like a 1/8 or 3/32 Arowana would make a great all around woods and kitchen knife.

So far I'm really liking my 1/8" Arowana. I've done both outdoor and kitchen tasks with it and it's performed excellently. Fire prep including feather sticks and breaking down small pieces of wood are no problem for this knife. I haven't batoned with it and I really don't plan to. In the kitchen and around the grill it's been awesome as well. The full height grind makes for an excellent slicer and prep knife. Allen said that he wanted the Arowana to be a larger knife that feels smaller and nimble in the hand and he nailed it with this design. At first glance it doesn't look like an all around knife but it really is.

I would imagine that in a thicker stock it would easily handle "hard-use" tasks. I don't think I've seen one in 3/16" and I'm pretty sure that Tod's is the only one in 5/32". I'm not positive on either of those points, however.

If you're on the fence about this knife I would definitely say "get ya one". It really is a great design. :thumbup:

5/32" a2 or cpm154, coffee bag burlap handles would ideal... You have plenty of time to make one before Blade. :)

Edit to add... It's not often I see a "new" profile that I really like. The Arowana is by far the most interesting new knife I have seen in a long time.

So far I'm really liking my 1/8" Arowana. I've done both outdoor and kitchen tasks with it and it's performed excellently. Fire prep including feather sticks and breaking down small pieces of wood are no problem for this knife. I haven't batoned with it and I really don't plan to. In the kitchen and around the grill it's been awesome as well. The full height grind makes for an excellent slicer and prep knife. Allen said that he wanted the Arowana to be a larger knife that feels smaller and nimble in the hand and he nailed it with this design. At first glance it doesn't look like an all around knife but it really is.

I would imagine that in a thicker stock it would easily handle "hard-use" tasks. I don't think I've seen one in 3/16" and I'm pretty sure that Tod's is the only one in 5/32". I'm not positive on either of those points, however.

If you're on the fence about this knife I would definitely say "get ya one". It really is a great design. :thumbup:

Oh yeah! That's everything that I imagined it would do. I'd be curious about batoning, but I don't do a ton of that anyways.

In my initial post I said 3/32 and meant 5/32.

A couple of pics from tonights Chicken Curry. Arrowana did all the work. I was too busy eating the finished product to take pictures of it, though. :D

DSC02806-vi.jpg

DSC02804-vi.jpg

DSC02810-vi.jpg

DSC02813-vi.jpg

DSC02815-vi.jpg

I think the 1/8" with that tall blade would handle just about anything that you might throw at it. I want one Allen.

I love this knife!

138e712af84b80164731b13f9508ced6.jpg

It is taking all my will power not to buy one, dlt has 3/32 1/8 and 5/32 in stock. I almost pulled the trigger on the A2 3/32 but I don't need another kitchen knife and that is where I would use it most.

It is taking all my will power not to buy one, dlt has 3/32 1/8 and 5/32 in stock. I almost pulled the trigger on the A2 3/32 but I don't need another kitchen knife and that is where I would use it most.

i really like the navy over natural liners & white pinstripes. 1/8" A2

i really like the navy over natural liners & white pinstripes. 1/8" A2

The 3/32 A2 with a black bolster and navy burlap keeps me coming back for a look, hope somebody buys it before my will power fails!

Back