LT Wright outback or BRKT Bravo 1 lt

Looking at buying a new knife and I’m torn between a Lt Wright outback and brkt bravo 1 lt. They are very similar in size and materials. The only real difference that I can see is the grind. Is there anyone here with outback experience? There’re a ton on reviews of the bravo 1 lt, and I’ve held it. The knife is excellent, but can only buy one.

I haven't handled the Outback but I'd definitely order from LT over BRKT. My most used fixed blade came from BHK (LT's old company), I've talked to him a few times at gun shows and he's a real cool, down to earth guy.

BRKT on the other hand can make a good looking knife but their QC isn't the best and they have some pretty shady business practices.

I haven't handled the Outback but I'd definitely order from LT over BRKT. My most used fixed blade came from BHK (LT's old company), I've talked to him a few times at gun shows and he's a real cool, down to earth guy.

BRKT on the other hand can make a good looking knife but their QC isn't the best and they have some pretty shady business practices.

Couldn't have said it better. I've met LT at the Wolverine knife show in Michigan years ago. He's an awesome guy that knows how to treat people.

I have a Bravo 1 and like it just fine. It's my go-to camp/woods/beater and it works. I knew of Mike Stewarts history but gave him the benefit of the doubt when he opened BRKT and I bought a Woodland Special. Later, everything seemed to be on the up-and-up so I traded into the Bravo 1 without hesitation.

Now, I stumble across the Woodland Special in my drawer of misfit knives on occasion, look at it and feel like an absolute sucker for a second, then put it away. I can't even sell it.

I'd pass on BRKT and get the Outback. Even at twice the price.

The Outback is a great knife ...makes a great camp knife ... its perfect for a skinning knife for large game or livestock ... It has gotten alot of use on camping trips and is very versatile ... I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

I’ve had a brkt north star and thought it great. Talked with Mike Stewart for about 20 minutes and enjoyed the conversation. He come across very down to earth and knowledgeable. Really more curious if there is a performance difference.

I have an LT Wright Lagom scandi grind that I like a lot. I don't think I've ever seen a neg remark on LT knives. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another of his.

For what it's worth, I've had a Bravo 1-LT since they became available. Great knife - I regarded it highly enough that I traded into another to give to a friend that was planning a through-hike of the Appalachian Trail.
I wish I could provide a user's comparison with the Outback; but I've never tried it.

Back