Lucky .... found another.... Eze -Lap Diamond "M"...

A couple of years ago I presented here an Eze-Lap Diamond "M" sharpener
that my late Father-in-Law left me. Cherished. Today at the swap meet found
another (ignored) with case .... I gave $3. Very high on the way cool scale....
old school means of maintaining an edge. I dig these . Pick one up if you get a
chance. I cleaned & lube the tool. What some may consider patina was really
only dirt.

The imprint is as follows...
EZE-LAP Diamond "M"
Pat. Pend P.O. Box 2229
Westminster Ca. 92683.

Charles
https://imgur.com/a/M8XeTVh

A couple of years ago I presented here an Eze-Lap Diamond "M" sharpener
that my late Father-in-Law left me. Cherished. Today at the swap meet found
another (ignored) with case .... I gave $3. Very high on the way cool scale....
old school means of maintaining an edge. I dig these . Pick one up if you get a
chance. I cleaned & lube the tool. What some may consider patina was really
only dirt.

The imprint is as follows...
EZE-LAP Diamond "M"
Pat. Pend P.O. Box 2229
Westminster Ca. 92683.

Charles
https://imgur.com/a/M8XeTVh
Still available and affordable, but I keep forgetting that I've been wanting one.
I just went ahead and ordered one so I don't forget again.
$20 isn't bad considering they're still US made and come with the leather pouch.

Last edited:
Great field sharpener. I paired one up with a Buck 110 in the 70's when I was working summers for the Forest Service. I still have the original and recently bought a new one. Even though a lot of other options are available these days, I think this is still one of the best.

Thanks guys. I'm glad to see the fans of these tools still exist. Surprised to
learn still USA made and available. Strongly recommend if you are on the
fence go ahead and get one while they are available. Almost all I've talked
to that use one are glad they have it. My Father-in-Laws sheath is patina
to perfection !

Charles

Mine has seen a lot of use/abuse. It's the full size 10 inch P sharpening steel. I bought it decades ago when I was a working chef. It has been relegated to a drawer for years, but it was a great tool to have in a kitchen when you didn't have time for a stone. I am very surprised to find that they're still available. Good product.

E-Z Lap.jpg

The EZE-LAP hones should not become extinct any time soon. My impression is that they have afairly wide range of diamond sharpening tools, some of which are quite popular. I have been using their flat diamond hones for a number of years. They are light, compact, and easy to carry.

I have been meaning to buy a diamond rod, more so now since buying a knife with a recurve. Your timely post prompted me to make that 1-click order. Thanks.

Eze-Lap are pretty darn good sharpening tools for the money. Especially considering they're domestically produced and still competitively priced. I have one of the model M sharpeners that I bought back in the '80s (I think). Didn't really use it for a long time, simply because I hadn't acquired the competence for sharpening in general, until the last 10 years or so. Only in the last several years did I pick that tool up again, after it'd been stored away for a long time. And I found, lo and behold, it works great now that I know how to use it. I've since picked up some other Eze-Lap hones, including a double-sided diafold-style sharpener (400/1200) and an oval 10" diamond 'steel' for kitchen knives. No complaints with any of them, so far. Good deals for the money paid, in all cases.

Last edited:
I like my eze lap products and some are 20 years old. With proper treatment they last a long time.
These guys preaching the diamond mixed with resin bond being superior have a ways to go before they can claim the longevity of dmt or eze lap.
It bothers me that "respected" members are trying to bury the old plate style diamond sharpeners, especially when they are shilling for a relatively unknown company or getting set to sell their own "version" of the latest and greatest diamond sharpener.
Just like a norton stone, the old eze lap and dmt cut steel. They have, and will continue to do so.
I have an abused coarse 6'' dmt from the 80's that still cut steel, lets see how many naniwa diamond products let alone relatively unknown russian companies sharpeners are being extolled in 30 years. Sometimes the old stuff works.

Russ

I have two of these. Back when I first got my Buck 110 in 440C I found it impossible to sharpen on Buck's Arkansas stone. Once I discovered this Eze-Lap I was in business!

Got mine today.

Btw I expected the belt pouch to be leather, but it's a sturdy vinyl fabric type material.
It's stinky but seems like a good durable material whatever it is.

Back