Luminox replacement? Or tritium replacement?

Got the old bezel dot drilled out and the new one installed...and I found my blacklight :D

~Chip

Last edited:
Great stuff!

My Luminox Field Watch is going strong but one day it will go out... Would you mind posting the contact details on the company that did the replacement?

I too would be interested in the contact details for the company. My Liminox is the single most used/ best preforming piece of gear I own. I have had mine for 10 years and wear it daily, so much so that my arm has a permanent tan line. Best watch I've ever owned!

If your watch is a newer model that Saltzmans (the Luminox repair center) still has parts for they should be able to replace the tritium for you. My watch is long discontinued, which is where I ran into problems.

That being said, I have emailed the company to ask if I can pass along their contact info and I'll let you know :) they are primarily a large watch manufacturer so I just wanted to check if they want to do more replacements first.

~Chip

I got a reply, they are willing to do more replacements :)

They did ask me to make sure you were aware of the cost, it will be $200-$250 with return shipping. The company name is Bonding Co Ltd, my contact has been with Raymond Li (I believe he is the owner). The email address for him is bondingemail at Gmail.

Edited to add: He knows me by my actual name, Wilfred Valtakis, in case you refer to me.

~Chip

Last edited:
Chip,

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to see how your tritium tube replacement has been after a year. Still glowing bright? I'm thinking of have the same thing done to my Luminox 3602 and wanted to make sure you were still satisfied before I pulled the trigger.

Any one else on the forum had this done yet? How was experience?

Thanks,

AFrey

Still quite bright:) Tritium is kind of a known quantity... however bright it is when you get it, it'll be half as bright 12 years from then ;). On a fit/finish side, all my tubes are still in place as well.

~Chip

Chip,

Well, that's good to hear. I was mainly concerned with the tubes staying in place, as I know the H3 is dimming over time no matter what. Did you have Bonding to the work for drilling out and replacing the bezel light as well, or did you have to have that done elsewhere?

Thanks,

AFrey

I drilled out and replaced the bezel dot, Raymond (Bonding) supplied the capsule.

Their work is top notch, mine's been on my wrist 24/7 since I got it back smacking into things daily...no issues whatsoever.

~Chip

I drilled out and replaced the bezel dot, Raymond (Bonding) supplied the capsule.

Their work is top notch, mine's been on my wrist 24/7 since I got it back smacking into things daily...no issues whatsoever.

~Chip

Chip,

I'm still talking to him about the work. We're talking about the bezel capsule. Did you end up using the enclosure that Raymond sent you, or did you make the old one work somehow? He said you were a capable machinist, which I am not. I'll probably end up taking it to a jeweler/watch repair to get the work done. What steps were required to get that bezel capsule replaced?

Thanks,

Andrew

I used the enclosure Raymond sent back with my watch. It was 0.025" smaller or so, I milled out the old one with an undersized diamond burr (since the vial is glass) and picked out the remains of the old capsule with a dental pick. Then I just used some epoxy and glued the new one in nice and centered.

The same thing could be done by a steady (very) hand and a Dremel.

~Chip

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forum; I ended up signing after reading the thread. My watch is exactly the same watch and dials faded. I was planning on getting a new dial and all movement to be replaced. It looks to me the outer and internal dimensions are almost looking the same with newer luminox or traser. Any thoughts on that?

Contact Raymond with pics of your watch and he will tell you if he is able to replace the Tritium (info in post #26). As far as swapping out the entire movement with a new Luminox movement, I guess it would depend on what watch you have.

~Chip

Hello Chip. I just completed my rebuild of my Israeli Military Watch made by ADI in Israel, about 20 plus years ago.
As per your previous postings I used Raymond at Bonding Company in Hong Kong.
I had the tritium tubes replaced and larger hands installed.
It moved my watch from a T10 with 22.35 millicuries of H3 (T10 = less than 25 millicuries of radiation) to a T100 (barely) with 25.25 (T100 = more than 25 millicuries of radiation but less than 100 millicuries).
Although the watch has taken a beating the past 20 years, I do not want to let it go.
Thanks for posting the Bonding info.
They did a terrific job.

Hello Chip. I just completed my rebuild of my Israeli Military Watch made by ADI in Israel, about 20 plus years ago.
As per your previous postings I used Raymond at Bonding Company in Hong Kong.
I had the tritium tubes replaced and larger hands installed.
It moved my watch from a T10 with 22.35 millicuries of H3 (T10 = less than 25 millicuries of radiation) to a T100 (barely) with 25.25 (T100 = more than 25 millicuries of radiation but less than 100 millicuries).
Although the watch has taken a beating the past 20 years, I do not want to let it go.
Thanks for posting the Bonding info.
They did a terrific job.
I'd love to see pics :):thumbsup:

~Chip

Looks great! :D good to go for another 20 years:thumbsup:

~Chip

Back