Lunar Landing 31

u812

Gold Member
Mine shipped from the shop today. 14 months waiting. Pics to come Wednesday. Can’t wait to see it. I asked for early lockup on it. First time to really handle a 31.

Looking forward to seeing it! I am also curious about the lockup- I did not know you could request that.

Got it. Born July 30
I have to say my 21s are way smoother. Maybe that will work out after a while. Did not get the early lockup I asked for but I guess that is ok.
MP1cX7B.jpg

FpPpNnP.jpg

w3OMZbp.jpg

Congratulations on a fine CRK !!!!!!!!
Look at the ball lock up mark on the blade tang. The lock bar looks like it's later with the ceramic ball lock.

v8VcfQb.jpg

I see what you are talking about. I figured out the stiffness on this one is because of the lock bar traveling on the blade. It is smoothing up a little as a open and close it.

That's an awesome knife! I did not realize the chamfering on the 31's lockbar was different from the 21 until I saw your photo. I like how it is now more symmetrical.

Figured out what was making this one so stiff on opening and closing. The lock bar was pressing very hard on the blade. When I open it the lock bar snaps extremely hard into place. Took it apart and compared it to my 21s and noticed the lock bar was much further in than they were. I pushed the lock bar outwards a few times to take some of the inward tension off. It is smooth as the 21 now and locks up perfect.

Back