Lurquin Fighter "Apocalyptic"

It's been many moons since my primary collection grew, essentially because I'd been involved in something else these last few years. Now and then, however, something other than a Warenski comes my way that really interests me, the Lurquin below being an example. I've owned his pieces before, but this "Apocalyptic" Fighter grabbed me really good, had to have it.

I obtained the details below via communications with the maker:

- Finishes of the blade, guard and pommel were sandblasted, parkerized and then underwent a stonewash finish
- Guard and pommel in L6 steel & summer blade forged in 80crv2
- Handle is vintage black micarta (sandblasted) from an old, turn-of-the-century New York fire station electrical panel from the turn of the century

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

Last edited:
The more I study it, the more I see. Spectacular.

The antique handle material is special! :eek:

The more I study it, the more I see. Spectacular.

The antique handle material is special! :eek:

Hey there Jim, thanks for stopping by to see how I butcher knife tips, lol. Nothing can beat your imaging, meaning this may eventually make it to you for something (a whole lot) better.

And yeah, the Micarta handle material is almost certainly Westinghouse because it's of that period when it was the only producer, if I'm not mistaken.

Such a fun looking design...love seeing pics of it.

Somehow I forgot to stop and say hello here, Dudley. Thanks, another one to check out and keep, I'm hoping;):)

A very hearty “Hello” to you, too, my friend...you always have my attention and email buddy. :D

Good to hear from you, STeven, and thanks. I've been around but not much here, though I think that is going to change a bit now.

Back