Luzon heads up

My smaller Luzon has been flicked open many hundreds of times and now feels broken in. Today I picked it up and heard/felt a rattle. One of the sliding lock retaining bolts was missing and the other backed half way out. The missing screw/bolt was found by bare foot in a rug, so I just tightened them both back up. I will put a tiny bit of medium thread lock on them when I can find it. All the other screws in the knife body are still snug. It looks like there is no thread lock on those two, from what I can see. I'm not sharting my panties about this, it's kind of a so what in the big picture of life. But it may be handy for some of you folks to be aware of this situation, so as not to lose those tiny screws.

Odd, I haven't heard that one yet, at least on the new and improved ones. Maybe yours came from the old batch that had the blade opening/tip protruding issue and that was overlooked? We've been putting the new Luzon's through the wringer for months now and haven't experienced anything coming loose.

Odd, I haven't heard that one yet, at least on the new and improved ones. Maybe yours came from the old batch that had the blade opening/tip protruding issue and that was overlooked? We've been putting the new Luzon's through the wringer for months now and haven't experienced anything coming loose.

I don't believe this to be an older piece if a recognition parameter is a protruding tip. This unit was bought crisp/snug/nicely aligned. No complaints with it at all, actually I really like the little thing, and its bigger brother. I just wanted a heads up to folks so as not to lose those tiny screws, if this happens to them. Thanks for reply:thumbsup:

We're happy to fix any issues with this, just putting that out there. Send them on in if your screws are coming out!

I bought my father-in-law a luzon 4 because he need a new knife for work and liked the fact of the lock stopper and it has guards his blade style to he's a lab cheminist / technician and he runs samples and brakes the chemicals down in to less harmful ones he's broke the tip off the luzon nothing major asked how and he had been using it to cut samples out 3mm to 4 mm thick plastic containers he had done about 40 times before it happend so I put a new tip on it and it's still going strong very good edge retension and he loves it but the same job has destroyed many other pocket knives and scissors and Stanley blades this is not a complaint quit the opposite it surprised because he's just goes throught pocket knives he'd brake an iron ball in an empty room and the luzon is very well made and tought knife to have lasted him this long and it hold an edge amazingly considering his cutting tasks I will try take a picture when I see him

We're happy to fix any issues with this, just putting that out there. Send them on in if your screws are coming out!

A non issue buddy, thanks though. A dab of lock tight and done. I put a slight bend into an SK5 SRK by thumping it through a lot of firewood knots. I did that to see if it would break, which it did not. I'm of the mind that if I abused a knife then the issue is mine alone. The screws popping out where just a heads up, not a return complaint. I have flicked that little Luzon open many hundreds of times and I am not surprised by a loose screw or two with all that whacking open.
:thumbsup:

Back