M-18 Used for Deer Processing

Finally had a few quiet moments to watch the video. Cool stuff man, that M-18 looks like it handled it well and shows it's truly versatile.

That said, damn you guys quit making me want one of these! It big and heavy and I'm getting old. I know I don't need one, and would never use it the way it is obviously designed to be used. But you guys still keep making me want one! Cut it out already jeeez :p
well, there's always the M9... :D

I was thinking that it would be fun to have an m18/m9 combo with one combination sheath, it would be cool but would have a hard time trying to keep your britches up! :D

Or do like Psyop does and don't wear pants. Then you don't have to worry about them falling down! ;)

i dont know pants less and sharp objects I try to never mix the two! :eek: Baldric carry though might work will talk to you about it after Blade Todd. You recon we could match the grips and serial numbers? ;)

Last edited:
i dont know pants less and sharp objects I try to never mix the two! :eek: Baldric carry though might work will talk to you about it after Blade Todd. You recon we could match the grips and serial numbers? ;)

Hey the knife had pants just I didnt.

That's something that you mention that Doc. Cause the dude that stiffed me on the M-18 that you ended purchasing wanted to do the same thing. A matching M-9 with the same #. Since I'm no longer doing business with him. Guess what just can availale. We can do it buddy. I'll pencil you in for #007.

That's something that you mention that Doc. Cause the dude that stiffed me on the M-18 that you ended purchasing wanted to do the same thing. A matching M-9 with the same #. Since I'm no longer doing business with him. Guess what just can availale. We can do it buddy. I'll pencil you in for #007.

You sure as hell get stiffed a lot. My #6 M-18 was available to me only because you got stiffed.

Hi, new here !!

What type of " Baldric Carry ".. ( idea's ) ?

I also like the idea of the matching serial numbers ( Collectors Set ?: Woodsman / Mountain Man Edition ; Rendezvous ).
Don't know about the matching grip profile would work for all three ? Since my personal choice's would be ..

1. M-18
2. Yuma
3. Fish Fillet / Boning Knife, if it was ever offered ...?

The type of wood on the handle/grip , would be exactly the same.

Just my personal thoughts !

Last edited:
You sure as hell get stiffed a lot. My #6 M-18 was available to me only because you got stiffed.

You know. I have found out that everyone wants a M-18, but not everyone nessessarily wants to pay for it. I have remeadied that problem after I got stiffed on #6 and #007 by taking half down on new orders. (Nonrefundable) I notice that poeple are a little more willing to pay when they already have half invested. Plus it helps on buying materials. Haven't happened since knock on wood.

well his loss is my gain and I am really looking forward to having 007 in my hands tomorrow. I have decided in honor of the number 007 to name her after one of the Bond girls and call her Plenty O'Toole :D seems like a good name to me!

well his loss is my gain and I am really looking forward to having 007 in my hands tomorrow. I have decided in honor of the number 007 to name her after one of the Bond girls and call her Plenty O'Toole :D seems like a good name to me!

This probably goes without saying doc, but since it's still a relatively small club, be sure to throw up an initial assessment, pics, etc.. in the M18 thread so we can all gush with pride right along with ya..

Absolutely will do so and I told Todd I would try to put together some kind of small review as time permits. We need to grow this club and have some fun!!!!

*LOL*

Hilarious!
I did the same job with a 3" knife. Maybe our deer are smaller. :D

Is there a spear season in Iowa? Can you drop out of a tree with an M-18 in hand and humanely slay the deer in a single stroke?

*LOL*
Hilarious!
I did the same job with a 3" knife. Maybe our deer are smaller. :D

Is there a spear season in Iowa? Can you drop out of a tree with an M-18 in hand and humanely slay the deer in a single stroke?

Why did you waste time with the knife ...?

" I know a guy that cleaned a deer with a broken beer bottle and nothing else ." :)

HMM, I'm going to try Big Game Hunting with my " Atlatl " one day !!
IMG_3905_edited-1.jpg

Heck, I might even try jumpng out of the tree, with a “ M-18 “.. :eek:

Jared Allen Hunting with a " Cold Steel Spear "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfmOzW1KEKA

Junkyard Perro

Last edited:
Back