M390 PM2 blue G10 drops today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't mention where cause the people who run these forums don't truly care about the community, they only care about that paid dealer money. But if you want one of these exclusive PM2s, in M390 and blue G10, they drop at noon eastern time. It is a bit pricey and shipping is ridiculous(which is why I'm still deciding rather or not I will get one), but if you think you really want an M390 PM2 and you missed that DLT earlier this week(like I did), or maybe blue is more your color than red, just think about sites that remind you of Asian to-go meals, and it shouldn't be hard to find. No idea what kinda numbers they are getting but since their other exclusives don't seem to sell out I don't figure this one will either.

"Asian to-go meals"
Thanks, now you'll have me trying to figure that out all day.

I think it's ok to mention that it's Bento Box Shop selling them since it's an exclusive... They're not competing with any bladeforums sponsoring dealers for this one.

But the crossword puzzle hints are fun too. :D

For people loving PM2, this is still not a bad deal at a bit over $200 (knife + shipping).

Any legitimate reason these are 20% more expensive than M390 PM2 released a few days ago?
Other than straight mark up for profit?

I think it's ok to mention that it's Bento Box Shop selling them since it's an exclusive... They're not competing with any bladeforums sponsoring dealers for this one.

I posted this same message yesterday, with the actual dealer name instead of the hints. The post was deleted and I was warned to not mention non-paid Bladeforums dealers.

I posted this same message yesterday, with the actual dealer name instead of the hints. The post was deleted and I was warned to not mention non-paid Bladeforums dealers.

That's weird... I'm almost positive I've seen a mod post that it's OK if it's an exclusive that's only available at one dealer, sponsoring or not. If that's no longer the case I look forward to all the Massdrop comments in General getting whacked, too. :eek::D

Anyway, on topic - regardless of price, they've already sold out three runs of this configuration. I think they'll manage to move most of these, maybe even a little faster than before with the disappointed folks from the DLT red/M390 drop.

I got mine in the first run, back in 2012. Second Spyderco I picked up, after a VG10 Endura 4 FFG. The Endura got me interested but the M390 PM2 got me hooked. :thumbsup:

gLRqKMk.jpg

Mod Sass
That “paid dealer money” helps to keep this site up and running, without it you wouldn’t have this community.

And anyone who thinks that's reason enough to forbid mentioning other dealers, especially ones who offer stuff those paid dealers don't, is a moron. Funny how tons of other sites don't have stupid restrictions like those and somehow manage to keep themselves running just fine, too.

Last edited:
And anyone who thinks that's reason enough to forbid mentioning other dealers, especially ones who offer stuff those paid dealers don't, is a moron. Funny how tons of other sites don't have stupid restrictions like those and somehow manage to keep themselves running just fine, too.
If you don’t like the rules, feel free to go to the tons of other sites.

Nice edit by the way... unfortunately for you, you didn’t edit it enough.

Anyway, on topic - regardless of price, they've already sold out three runs of this configuration. I think they'll manage to move most of these, maybe even a little faster than before with the disappointed folks from the DLT red/M390 drop.

I got mine in the first run, back in 2012. Second Spyderco I picked up, after a VG10 Endura 4 FFG. The Endura got me interested but the M390 PM2 got me hooked. :thumbsup:

I like the blue G10. Kinda annoys me that this dealer seems to have the exclusive rights to the blue. Even with the highish price, it's not unforgivable. The Maxamet PM2 was $201, the S110V is $173, so the $189 isn't totally out of the ball park and I can live with that. BUT, whereas a lot of dealers will offer free shipping for orders over $100, and even the ones that don't are only gonna run you around $4 for it(assuming you live in the US), these guys hit you for another $15 in shipping. What the flying hell is that? I can import stuff direct from Japan, Germany, or the UK and shipping doesn't cost me any more than that!

I like the blue G10. Kinda annoys me that this dealer seems to have the exclusive rights to the blue. Even with the highish price, it's not unforgivable. The Maxamet PM2 was $201, the S110V is $173, so the $189 isn't totally out of the ball park and I can live with that. BUT, whereas a lot of dealers will offer free shipping for orders over $100, and even the ones that don't are only gonna run you around $4 for it(assuming you live in the US), these guys hit you for another $15 in shipping. What the flying hell is that? I can import stuff direct from Japan, Germany, or the UK and shipping doesn't cost me any more than that!
I do go to plenty of other sites. I still come here cause there are interesting people here even if the mods have rules even dumber than they are.

I would suggest ordering your stuff from Japan, Germany or the UK then. If you don't like the rules here, then you are more than welcome to GTFO...insulting the mods is a great first step to that.

I love the color blue and I would have gone for this one but the DLT exclusive in red was a great price, free shipping, and I prefer to order from them.

That's weird... I'm almost positive I've seen a mod post that it's OK if it's an exclusive that's only available at one dealer, sponsoring or not. If that's no longer the case I look forward to all the Massdrop comments in General getting whacked, too. :eek::D

gLRqKMk.jpg

A somewhat off topic side note, but worth mentioning as it was brought up. Massdrop is actually a paid dealer here. They did it the right way and got the dealer membership same day they joined. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Best of luck to everybody who’s trying to get in on today’s frenzy. I’m glad I got a PM2 in 20CV last fall (for ~$50 less than today’s prices) and that I’m not part of this week’s frenzy. That being said, I’d never rush in to buy from a vendor that refuses to accept returns of unacceptable/faulty merchandise. An in-your-face refusal to provide minimal, traditional customer service like that tells me that this is a vendor to stay away from.

I love the color blue and I would have gone for this one but the DLT exclusive in red was a great price, free shipping, and I prefer to order from them.
I prefer DLT as well. I ordered from both but DLT is top tier and much better prices and free shipping. I don't blame BBS for trying to make a profit but it just doesn't look right when a site like DLT (much better than BBS) can do it for so much less. I really don't care what scales are on it because I really don't like factory scales that much and plan to get some custom scales for it. I put micarta scales on my manix m4 and it is so much better (to me) that I have to try something nice with the DLT PM2.

For those of you old enough to remember the days before internet forums, all we could do was talk to a few friends about what we liked or didn't like about a company. Now we can discuss it with knife guys around the world. The companies that understand this and use the resource and want to do what they can to make their customers happy are companies that I want to support. It will help all of us enjoy this hobby more. The rest of the companies that don't get it need to reconsider their life choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back