M4 Ti Millie Alert!!!

What Millie is that?
Hey, I guess that takes diamond-sharpening to a whole new level...

The Sharks? :yawn: My friend, you must have me confused with someone who gives a sh*t! :p

But since you live on the wrong side of the country and are a poor misguided Shark's supporter. When I get home I will send you a nice knife from the local Chinese store for you to carry in the meanwhile:p

For those who have not seen it here is a pic of another upcoming model......and it is awesome!!

IMG_2898.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for the correction. So, I'll be sending you a standard C36 with an S30V blade and you'll be sending me the KW CPM-M4 C36, and we'll call it an even trade? ;)

(fixed that for ya! ;))

I don't think I'd be totally disappointed if another steel was used for the blade. I would have ordered it with any of the high-end blade steels. I don't know enough about all the high-end steels to be able to tell the difference. I was just more excited about the Ti/G-10 RIL Millie than the all Ti version. But I don't mind waiting to get the M4 version, either.

LOL. We know your secret agenda... :D

I would not mind S90v in place of M4 if M4 availability could stop the effort.
If G-10 is the issue, I guess I could live with CF. :p

(that might be the next one in line anyway)

Thanks for the correction. So, I'll be sending you a standard C36 with an S30V blade and you'll be sending me the KW CPM-M4 C36, and we'll call it an even trade? ;)

Maybe we could work a swap if you sent a C36Ti. I could Lego it with my C36GOR and get a Ti/G-10 RIL with Orange G-10 and an S30V blade. I'd send you back the leftovers. And my spot in line for the KW M4 C36. ;)

On second thought, I'll just wait for the M4 version.:D

Is that a contoured handle with a milled texture on that millie?! WOW

Yep. It was shown at blade last month.

Also, the Gayle Bradleys are made in Taiwan. I'm sure the steel for those was sent over there more than 6 months ago. I also bet it was a large order since shipping costs will be high and they would want to minimize how often they have to ship steel to the other side of the planet. I don't think GB availability has anything to do with the current supply of CPM M4 steel.

I'm just not that jazzed out this knife, because I don't dig the Ti flavor Spydie. I'm on the list, and will get one and check it out, but I gotta say its nice to not really care when this one is released. You guys can fret all you want, but Powernoodle is relaxed and groovy! :thumbup:

I think you're proving my point...;)...this one is all about the blade. It could have Wonderbread and dark rye scales...change the blade and unless you drop in something like S90V or 110V it's just another Military.

Maybe we could work a swap if you sent a C36Ti. I could Lego it with my C36GOR and get a Ti/G-10 RIL with Orange G-10 and an S30V blade. I'd send you back the leftovers. And my spot in line for the KW M4 C36. ;)

On second thought, I'll just wait for the M4 version.:D

I'm just not that jazzed out this knife, because I don't dig the Ti flavor Spydie. I'm on the list, and will get one and check it out, but I gotta say its nice to not really care when this one is released. You guys can fret all you want, but Powernoodle is relaxed and groovy! :thumbup:

i'm kinda the same. I mean, i'm really jazzed for an m4 military blade, but the Ti doesn't quite tickle my fancy.

Has anyone heard anything about their Ti/G-10 RIL pre-ordered knife in a while? I paid my $20 deposit back in the early spring like many of you but I haven't heard anything since. I'm a little worried I missed it amonst all my junk email...

As mentioned earlier,

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8423271&postcount=1

For those of you who have pre-ordered the C36GTIP KnifeWorks exclusive, we wanted to give you an update on its production status. Due to issues in production this model has been unexpectedly delayed. We are working diligently with our suppliers to address this, but cannot project a completion date at this time. When additional information is available, we will provide an update with a projected availability date.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Kristi

Last edited:
I am still very happy that Roger and his company took the time to set this limited project up with Spyderco, I am fine with waiting. As others have said, its better to get the knives fit and finish as close perfect as can be expected and then ship them rather than rush them out with a bunch of quality control issues.

Back