Machete Picture Thread

Lasher Tool Machete (pretty much the Cold Steel Machete). Cleaned off all the black coating, added some primary and a decent edge.

DSC_0819_zps5b690b6a.jpg

What's that folder?

Last edited:

My dad had one of these folding machetes in his shop! Exactly the same I think! He would always catch my brother and I trying to reach it on one of the shelves in his office. If I remember correctly, he said it was his dad's, and was used in WW2. I could be mistaken though. So cool to see another one!

edc knife? In many places, the machete IS the edc knife:D It is also the knife that does all the real work:cool:

I got my first one of these about 1971. They were sold as French Milsurps through mail order as well as local hardware stores from what I understand. With a good swing this machete would cut clean through a 2-3 inch sapling. I have looked all over for something similar in terms of the weight and balance but I have never come close to finding anything on the market these days. When I saw the exact same machete listed for twenty bucks on the Internet a few years ago I bought it. It was in great condition & had not been used very much. I'm not sure what kind of steel it is but it will hold an edge that will shave the hair off your hand. :thumbup:
machete.jpg~original

Skrama:
IMGP7440.jpg

Dorset Blades Jungle Parang:
IMGP4224.jpg

The Classic Blackjack Marauder II (my second as my user one was nicked) and GB Small Forest Axe:
IMG_4909.jpg

Bidor "heavy duku" chandong parang in 5160 spring steel from Malaysia!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jro_2010/26601635836/in/dateposted-public/[img]

[IMG]https://www.flickr.com/photos/jro_2010/26601635706/in/dateposted-public/

dateposted-public

Last edited:
The bottom is a Ben Orford snedding parang:
IMGP7530.jpg

All these get use. Cold Steel Spade and a Rrussian Titanium one which is featherweight. I have a few light weigh machetes but I don't like the twang vibrations they give; they don't work well here.
IMGP7356.jpg

If they look under used then its because most are my pampered set and most I've had at least two of. The classic Blackjack from the early 90's is a replacement to one stolen and which I used a lot over the years. I lost my WWII machetes and the ones like my Martindale golock about the same time. I use old billhooks and ditch knives too; plus petrol power tools... I'm not as young as I used to be.

The bottom is a Ben Orford snedding parang:
IMGP7530.jpg

All these get use. Cold Steel Spade and a Rrussian Titanium one which is featherweight. I have a few light weigh machetes but I don't like the twang vibrations they give; they don't work well here.
IMGP7356.jpg

If they look under used then its because most are my pampered set and most I've had at least two of. The classic Blackjack from the early 90's is a replacement to one stolen and which I used a lot over the years. I lost my WWII machetes and the ones like my Martindale golock about the same time. I use old billhooks and ditch knives too; plus petrol power tools... I'm not as young as I used to be.

Great looking collection. I am a little curious though, what would one need a titanium spade for? Does it have any advantages over a traditional steel spade besides weight and being super super cool?

Titanium for trekking, where weight is paramount. Team base camp tool. A camp requires some digging especially if there are a few people. You pack it you carry it.
If you dig for long you will want a full sized spade, if you dig even longer then you will want a mini digger.

The Cold Steel is far too heavy so relegated to a truck tool or for throwing fun (which they do well). I'm not a fan of sharp side edges on a spade either.

Last edited:
I made some butterfly machetes a few years back:

img0609iu.jpg

img0611c.jpg

img0628o.jpg

[video=youtube;kbcsGY3cOok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbcsGY3cOok[/video]

That is honestly one of the coolest things I have seen, props to you on making it, looks like a great deal of fun.

Back