Machetes and small swords? Are they sold on this forum at all?

Sillyship

Gold Member
Title says it all and YES, I DID GOOGLE first, but didn't get a definitive answer. I'm looking for things like the Cold Steel Gladius and Scottish dirk and a large kukri or some of those Philippine swords and machetes.

Try searching for HI Cantina for a kukri (I am sure there are other places as well, but that is the one I have seen). I believe the other items also show up in various places. I think I have seen machetes, not sure about the others.

Search for HI Cantina where? I don't understand what that is, a company, a kukri, a member of the forum?
Try searching for HI Cantina for a kukri (I am sure there are other places as well, but that is the one I have seen). I believe the other items also show up in various places. I think I have seen machetes, not sure about the others.

I see now, it's H.I. as in Himalayan Imports, a company I've heard of. Thanks for that input. However, I'm still wondering if there is a section of the forum where members sell their used and no longer needed swords and machetes?

You can check through the "exchange", maybe someone is selling something over there? Never know who's selling what...

I honestly don't think I have seen a used sword for sale here, but I have only been on a year or so. I have seen used kukri & machetes for sale in the "for sale by individuals" section, I don't think they have their own section. I know sword forums has a classified page for people to buy and sell swords, but realize that doesn't really answer your question.

I see now, it's H.I. as in Himalayan Imports, a company I've heard of. Thanks for that input. However, I'm still wondering if there is a section of the forum where members sell their used and no longer needed swords and machetes?
Swords typically aren't sold used. Most people don't buy *working quality* swords and sell them all that often. The market is so small that sword-forums is your best bet.

Himalayan Imports is your best bet for swords being sold here on forum. In addition to Kukris, they do sell swords occasionally. Not used though. You can post in the cantina and ask if anyone's looking to get rid of a sword.

Because of shipping size and logistical issues, people here don't want to sell swords online.

What are you looking for precisely? Display pieces?

Zero

Sounds like what you really need to do is track down a seller of Condor knives and machetes that has fair prices and free shipping..... I can think of a couple off top of my head...

Machete, swords and large knives are frequently sold on these forums. Either search for the items you are looking for or place a wanted ad in the exchange and you will see offers on those items.

n2s

Title says it all and YES, I DID GOOGLE first, but didn't get a definitive answer. I'm looking for things like the Cold Steel Gladius and Scottish dirk and a large kukri or some of those Philippine swords and machetes.

There are dozens of sites that sell machetes, many of them sell swords too. Baryonyx Knife Company is run by forum member FortyTwoBlades and sells a whole host of machetes, and you can get his special grade service to get them shipped screaming sharp as well. BladeHQ and Knifecenter both sell Condor and Cold Steel stuff, as well as MyParang products. Heck, you can get a lot of that stuff fairly cheap(including the Cold Steel Gladius and Scottish Dirk) on XXXXX. XXXXX sells pretty much every machete you can think of as well. And considering the low prices some of those items sell for to begin with, plus the hassle and cost of shipping them, you're unlikely to get a lot of them much cheaper even if someone was selling them here used. I mean, you can get a Cold Steel gladius machete new for $30 with free shipping, it's unlikely you're gonna find a much better deal here even if one pops up.

As for kukris, you may have some turn up in the exchange or on the Himilayan Imports forums, if not you can always order directly through HI or XXXXX.

Sorry, I forgot this site has the absolute dumbest linking rules of any site in the entire country, so PM me if you want the links the mods deleted. Heaven forbid we try to help fellow enthusiasts and all that.

Last edited:
The best place for someone to post a sword or machete for salee would be as a fixed blade in the Exchange.

Unless the sword (or machete) is valuable, I wouldn't bother re-selling, packing up, and shipping something like this. The ones I own will probably follow me to the grave and I don't particularly care if that happens.

Sorry, I forgot this site has the absolute dumbest linking rules of any site in the entire country, so PM me if you want the links the mods deleted. Heaven forbid we try to help fellow enthusiasts and all that.
Dude, you and I are both free/non-contributing members here, AKA, mooching. The least we can do is be gracious. Can you imagine someone showing up empty-handed to a potluck at your house and then bitching about the rules of your home? That would be pretty rude, eh?

I've done sword swinging around while going"whu-shaaaa.," since I was a kid, took some kali for a bunch of years, but was always taught not to worship or covet weapons so I never owned my own sword. I like looking through the for sale by owners section because it teaches me about the current knives that users like me tend to buy/own and trade back and forth. I was hoping swords and machetes got the same treatment. AND ACTUALLY, I'm not really that interested in machetes, I just post that term here because many short swords are refered to a machetes (even though they really are weapons as well as jungle clearing aids.) I live in NM and unless I'm feeling like hacking some fire wood with either of my two Condor Machetes I don't really have the need for use of one.
A sword however will give me many hours of swinging while going "whu-shaaaa," or, if I'm in a Star Wars frame of mind "Bzzzzzrrrwhh vzzzzrrrrrwhhooo" mood. But seriously, I praticed with sticks of various materials and weights for like 30 years, and used practice swords etc. and just got it into my head that since I now am collecting knives (not just buying one that I keep and use, but actually collecting and rotating my EDC) I might like to expand that and get a sword.
That is all, thank you, carry on. May the force be with you.

Back