Machined Titanium Clips for Kizer Mini Intrepid and Gemini

Hey Tetsujin,
I just tried swapping my stock Gemini clip for the Guru's and it didn't quite line up. My Gemini is the Ti handled one though, but I'm imagining you'll have the same problem w/ the G10 version. Seemed like a slight widening of one screw hole would probably be all it takes to make it fit, but I didn't want to mess with it...

Hey Tetsujin,
I just tried swapping my stock Gemini clip for the Guru's and it didn't quite line up. My Gemini is the Ti handled one though, but I'm imagining you'll have the same problem w/ the G10 version. Seemed like a slight widening of one screw hole would probably be all it takes to make it fit, but I didn't want to mess with it...
Thanks for the info.

Nope; the Gemini and Ursa Minor have same hole position. And Guru has same hole position as the Intrepids. So the Intrepid clip will not fit Gemini!

By the way, I would like to make it clear here that the clips on Ursa Minor will fit the Gemini while that on Guru fits both Intrepid and mini Intrepid.

Tracy didn't mention any extra charges.

You are correct - there are no extra charges.

We just ordered some Guru clips. Bead blasting to match the mini Intrepid finish was no charge. We also asked for extra screws for each clip; also no charge.

A few customers commented they were not thrilled with the spring clip and as much as I love this knife I have to agree. I had one guy decide to swap it for the mini Dorado just because of the clip.

So when they arrive we will be including these free with our mini Intrepids as an added bonus. A free clip is only a small thing to keep customers happy. :)

- - - - -
www.truetalon.com

You are correct - there are no extra charges.

We just ordered some Guru clips. Bead blasting to match the mini Intrepid finish was no charge. We also asked for extra screws for each clip; also no charge.

A few customers commented they were not thrilled with the spring clip and as much as I love this knife I have to agree. I had one guy decide to swap it for the mini Dorado just because of the clip.

So when they arrive we will be including these free with our mini Intrepids as an added bonus. A free clip is only a small thing to keep customers happy. :)

- - - - -
www.truetalon.com

The machined titanium clip for the Mini Intrepid should be free of charge because all the other limited edition and expensive Kizers have it except for Mini Intrepid. It's a definite oversight by Kizer.

Good on you for including them at no charge Talon.

The machined titanium clip for the Mini Intrepid should be free of charge because all the other limited edition and expensive Kizers have it except for Mini Intrepid. It's a definite oversight by Kizer.

Good on you for including them at no charge Talon.

I admit it is a bit strange that the Dorado and the Flashbang minis both have the machined clips and the Intrepid does not.

The two new Shoal mini M390 knives don't have machined clips either which is a bit annoying and these are designed by Kim Ning who is also Kizer's Production Manager. I would love to have those new Shoals with machined clips.

(I do really like your designs Kim if you happen to read this :) - ask Tracy...)

This pic shows the mini Dorado at the top, mini Intrepid and then the two new mini Shoals. The one with the grooved handle is a great looking knife. The gimping on these is an added bonus as well.

Close up pics can be seen on our website.

3_inch_EDC_Kizers_2.jpg

- - - - -
www.truetalon.com

I would've already purchased a Shoal with the nice milled titanium handle if it had a machined titanium clip and no clip holes on the presentation side. Remember that's another $253 Kizer with M390 so no excuse.

I would've already purchased a Shoal with the nice milled titanium handle if it had a machined titanium clip and no clip holes on the presentation side. Remember that's another $253 Kizer with M390 so no excuse.

I did tell them. Also to put a couple of screws into those holes to fill them up (which gives the buyer some spares in case they lose them).

You mean like this?? :D (it is the Guru clip and matched to the Intrepid color but it does fit)

shoal_1_guru_clip.jpg

shoal_2_-_dual_clips.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not clear on which clip I can use to replace the stock clip on the G-10 Gemini.

Can someone give me a definitive answer? A picture would be great as well.

Thanks.

I've been eyeing the LE Mini Shoal but the lack of a milled clip is a real turnoff.

Back