Machining center move saga

We didn't take many pictures during this project but here's what I got:

Moving the shipping container I needed to clear some brush, rockin that Heavy Chopper.

1.jpg~original

I wish this is as bad as that lift tore up the ground but it got worse

2.jpg~original

Whoops, that's broke

3.jpg~original

yeah, that shouldn't be like that

4.jpg~original

A machinery skate that broke, that was exciting

5.jpg~original

We found this "missing link" from the broken chain in the back yard. That was exciting.

6.jpg~original

Jo's idiot dober-dachshund in a rare moment of semi calm. For some reason she insists on sleeping in the worst possible place. She's there on a pretty regular basis. You can't walk through. She's a little bit of an asshole.

7.jpg~original

Hey, a bunch of 3V showed up today

8.jpg~original

Abby picking honey suckle

9.jpg~original

This is not the first time that Nathan has referred so endearingly about Jo's dog. The old timers ought to remember a short video which was posted a while back! Judging by how the dog is asleep so relaxed and chilled, I'd wager that the dog is in great alliance and accord with Jo and the Kids with nary a worry about the man of the house :D

Wow. Anything but smooth was right!

Glad to hear everyone stayed safe and the equipment is in the building. Murphy was kept in check for the most part. :thumbsup:

:DGlad no one was hurt <or worse>:eek:...

Thanks for the WIP <wreck in progress> pics...

Now I have my fingers crossed that the fullers are still gonna match side to side on the new NASK's:p

Fanuc is awesome.

CNC machines are great if you don't have to move em.

Having an extra around should greatly reduce downtime and increase production!

Congratulations on moving on up!

Wow. That's just to bad the lift broke. Usually the rental units in that size are fairly low hour and in very good condition. And the weather was really against you.

On dry summer ground it would not have done much to the yard.

And chains breaking, that can injure or worse. Glad to hear it's done. That is definitely a story worth telling.

Lorien - I guess everything is caught on camera these days :)
Nathan - I will continue to do my part to keep you in business, after all you go through for your customers :) !!

Nathan,
You coulda called us... I'm sure 10 guys would have been there pretty dang quick to help.

Sounds like a lot of upper end Pucker Factor and backbreaking work....that chain breaking probably sounded like a rifle shot.

Back