Mad for Micarta Picture Thread

ChazzyP

Platinum Member
I searched and didn't find anything recent, though there must surely have been a thread like this back in the day, so I figured I'd start something here as I'm succumbing more and more to Micarta Madness. There are lots of options to choose from--linen, paper, canvas--with finishes from rough to hard gloss and a myriad of color choices including natural, which I find particularly pleasing.

I don't have a lot of pieces with Micarta so far--a half dozen or so--but can see myself gathering more as my collection morphs and knives move in and out. Anyway, I'd love to see what y'all have, so kindly Show Us Your Micarta Scales and Inlays.

I'll start off with a particular favorite, my CRK large 21 Insingo with Micarta inlays and bead from Maverick Workshop.

TpeKvb9.jpg

8UOq33h.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0897-vi.jpg 20170513_142823.jpg 20170513_143540.jpg 20170331_185532.jpg
Just a few that I like. One thing about the canvas and burlap is the large gaps in the material have a nice effect when looking down on the spine or closed knife.

Last edited:
I've wanted this ever since I first saw one some months ago over on the Hinderer Action thread. I've heard it referred to as both red and natural Micarta. I was lucky to grab one at DLT Trading last Thursday--I don't know how many they had but they were gone in the blink of an eye. I'm really getting into the MP1 and the Micarta looks exactly how I hoped it would.

Drjdyd4.jpg

RtBoT3K.jpg

9Zll48k.jpg

0tvJNRM.jpg

Last edited:
I've wanted this ever since I first saw one some months ago over on the Hinderer Action thread. I've heard it referred to as both red and natural Micarta. I was lucky to grab one at DLT Trading last Thursday--I don't know how many they had but they were gone in the blink of an eye. I'm really getting into the MP1 and the Micarta looks exactly how I hoped it would.

Drjdyd4.jpg

RtBoT3K.jpg

9Zll48k.jpg

0tvJNRM.jpg
That's the MP1 that I have. I love the micarta on that one.

That's the MP1 that I have. I love the micarta on that one.

The first one I saw was Joe Manco's over at the Hinderer thread. I saw yours when you first got it and it made me want one even more.

Yours looks so much darker now. Did you oil the scale or is the darkening just from normal use?

The first one I saw was Joe Manco's over at the Hinderer thread. I saw yours when you first got it and it made me want one even more.

Yours looks so much darker now. Did you oil the scale or is the darkening just from normal use?

From use, and I've used nano oil on the bronze washers, which tends to get on the scale.

But if it dries out pretty readily too, and gets that lighter look back, often just from pocket carry.

From use, and I've used nano oil on the bronze washers, which tends to get on the scale.

But if it dries out pretty readily too, and gets that lighter look back, often just from pocket carry.

I assumed the MP1 has Teflon washers like the XMs, so your comment led me to have a closer look. It would appear the washers are indeed Teflon. I'm sure NanoOil lubes them well (I use it on all my PB and BB knives), but I've had great luck using TriFlow (PTFE) on Teflon. My WC Eagle gave me flipping fits until I tried TriFlow in it. I subsequently found it available as a liquid in a needle applicator which makes it easy to add a couple discrete drops as needed.

Back