Mad for Micarta Picture Thread

Big micarta fan, here are a few. M4 para2 is one of my all time favorites.

YSCgzwV.jpg

2iwakGY.jpg

I mentioned over on the Hinderer thread that y'all are likely getting tired of looking at my pics of this knife, but I'm having a hard time not obsessing over it. I put this four-slit leather thong pull on it to tide me over until my bead arrived.

523vJ7n.jpg

Yesterday the Hinderer Ti South Sister bead came in and I changed things up.

JGdmnJQ.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my first Shiro which has an accordingly special place among my favorites. Generally the action on F3's is superb, but somewhere along the way this one developed some rather annoying lock-stick. I battled it through numerous disassemblies and tinkering with this, that, and the other. After a final Dremel and white paste polishing of the tang and lock-bar insert (combined with an extremely light easing of its leading edge), the stick was all but gone. Since then it's broken in thoroughly and I can't even feel it disengage when closing. It's also an amazing flipper that all but closes under its own weight.

Usually the more I put into a knife, the greater my appreciation for it grows. Of course being drop-dead gorgeous doesn't hurt either....

K6KsNuI.jpg

tIXu3hQ.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it's gone a little dark over here at Mad for Micarta, so I'll post some pics of my large Inkosi natural Micarta that I got back in February and maybe get a little bump. This one came BNIB off the Exchange, uncarried and unused although the seller did replace the stock lanyard with the simple leather thong. I think it complements the Micarta inlays nicely.

l0DrEM7.jpg

kg75m1v.jpg

c9DfusV.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it's gone a little dark over here at Mad for Micarta, so I'll post some pics of my large Inkosi natural Micarta that I got back in February and maybe get a little bump. This one came BNIB off the Exchange, uncarried and unused although the seller did replace the stock lanyard with the simple leather thong. I think it complements the Micarta inlays nicely.

l0DrEM7.jpg

kg75m1v.jpg

c9DfusV.jpg

If you are ever looking to sell this bad boy, you be sure and let me know... :D

Back