Mad for Micarta Picture Thread

That looks great. I searched forever for a micarta scale for my MP-1 but never found one. I sold it when I got a full Ti version with a brass inlay.

DED8C74E-F71B-446B-946D-312A0CBAE0BF.jpeg
Thanks, JD. I saw a couple MP1s with that bleached-out looking red Micarta scale here at BF when they first came out. I looked for a long time before a couple popped up at DLT and I feel lucky to have found one.

That knife of yours is a real beauty with the raised edge in the Ti surrounding those brass inlays and hardware to match. The contrast is quite stunning. The MP1 didn't really catch on in a big way but is one of my favorite patterns and seeing yours only adds to my appreciation of that model.

Thanks, JD. I saw a couple MP1s with that bleached-out looking red Micarta scale here at BF when they first came out. I looked for a long time before a couple popped up at DLT and I feel lucky to have found one.

That knife of yours is a real beauty with the raised edge in the Ti surrounding those brass inlays and hardware to match. The contrast is quite stunning. The MP1 didn't really catch on in a big way but is one of my favorite patterns and seeing yours only adds to my appreciation of that model.

The MP-1 & Full Track both seem to be forgotten models with little support. It’s a shame, especially the MP-1. I’d definitely buy micarta scales for my Full Track; the G10 is too aggressive. Since Hinderer offers nothing I had to go aftermarket and got some brass scales for it. I should look for some aftermarket micarta too.

001(143).jpg

001(142).jpg

This was my old MP-1. It would have looked great with that maroon micarta.

903D0BBC-42F2-4527-BDB7-204801203BB4_zpspn7b3gp2.jpg

AA6E6834-8FCA-4213-8F8C-F3B4578808B7_zpszwh0dr9s.jpg

Definitely some interesting material right there!!! Love the cowbell model....Only thing missing in this picture is some of your fine leather work!!!
Thank you, I appreciate that.

Can you please give all pertinent info on this knife!! Maker, model OAL, BL etc!! Thanx!!

The maker is Dirk de Wit from the Netherlands. Only makes a couple per year and has a waiting list for several years. M390 (hardened at a place which also hardens aircraft parts)/vintage German micarta/titanium spring (with an hardened steel insert) and frame. Supersharp and slicy @ 0.35mm at the edge. BL is around 3.5”. Didn’t measure the overall length yet.

Everything is hand made, doesn’t use CNC or watercutting. Just a belt sander, lathe and an old Deckel without any computer)

He did have a knife made by Lionsteel (Grailer I but it has been sold out for a while)

Back