Mad for Micarta Picture Thread

Beauty!! I was tempted to get one but passed on it. Enjoy! Certainly looks like a cutter.
Thanks. Way smaller in the hand than my grand but just as comfortable. Also got a perfect example, good detent, perfectly centered and lock up is SOLID. Very smooth too. Falls shut with a little wiggle.

I've been catching up here as I await the ZT0640 with OD Micarta scales that's en route from whitty whitty . Like our friend Dadpool Dadpool I really like Micarta and wonder why I don't have more of it in my stupidly overlarge accumulation. I do have a few more pieces with it since back in the day and the incoming ZT will bring me closer to a dozen, but that still seems somewhat paltry for the guy that started this thread some 4 years back. Perhaps I should relinquish the title and make J jfk1110 the honorary OP, given his enthusiasm, but then we'd have to change the title to Mad for Green Canvas Micarta Picture Thread. ;)

Anyway, yesterday I carried my Large 31 NM, and I'd be hard-pressed to find a couple slabs of Micarta (plus bead) that I like any better.

lJRTIH3.jpg

Ci04mIS.jpg

Appreciate that!!! I certainly love the green canvas micarta!! However, if I could get python micarta as pretty as that on your Shirogorov I'd take some.. Whenever you're ready to pass that beauty on I'm game n calling DIBS!!!! Fat chance huh!!!!!!!!!

Appreciate that!!! I certainly love the green canvas micarta!! However, if I could get python micarta as pretty as that on your Shirogorov I'd take some.. Whenever you're ready to pass that beauty on I'm game n calling DIBS!!!! Fat chance huh!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the kind words on my Python, but you're right about me passing that one along. You'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hand and would probably have to fight my youngest son for it anyway and he's a pretty big, strong dude. 😨

I don't think I've posted that one here but once before a few years back so here's a file pic just for the helluvit.

D2dzKay.jpg

Thanks for the kind words on my Python, but you're right about me passing that one along. You'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hand and would probably have to fight my youngest son for it anyway and he's a pretty big, strong dude. 😨

I don't think I've posted that one here but once before a few years back so here's a file pic just for the helluvit.

D2dzKay.jpg

Boy you're a tease!!! That's why;) I said fat chance!!! However, being 6'3" & 280# your son might wanna thumb wrestle me opposed to other avenues.. Its a beauty!! I appreciate it every time you post it!!!!
Now get that 640 goin & do t forget the thread in the review section too!!!! Have a good day!!!
James

Boy you're a tease!!! That's why;) I said fat chance!!! However, being 6'3" & 280# your son might wanna thumb wrestle me opposed to other avenues.. Its a beauty!! I appreciate it every time you post it!!!!
Now get that 640 goin & do t forget the thread in the review section too!!!! Have a good day!!!
James
Well 6'4, 230, and age 32 would be an interesting battle against 6'3, 280, and whatever, but if you two are fighting over my Python I won't get to watch coz I'm dead. K uses his knives pretty hard so he'd most likely sell it to ya anyway, but hopefully that day will be waaaay in the future.

As to the 640, it hit the Mid-Carolina distribution center last night and could be in the air as I write so there's a chance I might have it tomorrow. The clip has to go through the black hole that's the Philly distribution center, so God knows when that'll get here--last MXG clip took about 2 weeks. The Monster disc will leave Gray's in OR today. Really looking forward to that one and I'll be sure to post it in that review thread and elsewhere both piece-by-piece and all together.

--Steve

I've been catching up here as I await the ZT0640 with OD Micarta scales that's en route from whitty whitty . Like our friend Dadpool Dadpool I really like Micarta and wonder why I don't have more of it in my stupidly overlarge accumulation. I do have a few more pieces with it since back in the day and the incoming ZT will bring me closer to a dozen, but that still seems somewhat paltry for the guy that started this thread some 4 years back. Perhaps I should relinquish the title and make J jfk1110 the honorary OP, given his enthusiasm, but then we'd have to change the title to Mad for Green Canvas Micarta Picture Thread. ;)

Anyway, yesterday I carried my Large 31 NM, and I'd be hard-pressed to find a couple slabs of Micarta (plus bead) that I like any better.

lJRTIH3.jpg

Ci04mIS.jpg
Thats is a super sharp looking 31!

Thats is a super sharp looking 31!
Thanks, brother. :) I had my eye out for some time for one like it and about a year ago just missed one that grybsh7 grybsh7 snagged with the Jekyll to Hyde backspacer and matching lanyard bead. I found one last fall and had to add my own goodies which I bought straight away, much like I just did for the 640 that's on its way as we write. This is my second CRK with natural Micarta, the other being a Large Inkosi that I've had for a while now. Great knives with excellent inlays.

Here's that Inkosi along with another NM knife.

o0D21Qs.jpg

Back