Mad for Micarta Picture Thread

fnyJgbW.jpg

How about some denim micarta? I posted this in the tradional forum too but I thought it might fit here.

Nice Sodbuster, jwh720 jwh720 . I've got one in orange synth that I really like and is a lotta knife for 25 bucks. Is that available in Micarta or are those custom scales?

Nice Sodbuster, jwh720 jwh720 . I've got one in orange synth that I really like and is a lotta knife for 25 bucks. Is that available in Micarta or are those custom scales?
Yeah, I have been carrying it a lot lately. These are customs by birdvis knives.

Nice looking knives, Megalobyte Megalobyte , and nice pics too. I can't identify them, though, so can you let us know what they are?

"Snakeskin" micarta on a Busse Game Warden

IMG_4433.JPG
IMG_2048.jpg

My favorite micarta!!! ^^^ :D :thumbsup:

Green Linen micarta on a Busse "Leprechun" Active Duty and Game Warden

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_2050.jpg

My favorite after snakeskin! ^^^

Navy Blue Burlap micarta on a Fiddleback Forge BushHermit (indoor and outdoor lighting)

IMG_2073.jpg
IMG_2074.jpg

Green Canvas micarta on a pair of custom JK's (indoor and outdoor lighting)

IMG_2075.jpg
IMG_2076.jpg

Black Canvas micarta with a cool machined pattern on a Busse Test Team Killa Zilla khukri

IMG_4278.jpg
IMG_2077.jpg

I have more, but those are some of the better ones! :D :cool:

Thank you! :) That's probably my favorite hunting knife overall. Those "pins" are hollow SS tube fasteners that are flared to hold the scales on. Common on Busse knives.

Do you know what that micarta is called, and where it came from? It really looks like the Busse Snakeskin on mine above. :cool:

Do you know what that micarta is called, and where it came from? It really looks like the Busse Snakeskin on mine above. :cool:
That material is called Python Micarta by the Russian knife maker, Shirogorov. I've seen it oriented both like mine, which I prefer and would term horizontal as well as in a vertical orientation. Most F3 Pythons I've seen have OD green backspacers, but mine and one or two others I've encountered have Ti backspacers which are really sweet.

I have no idea where Shirogorov sources that material.

I love this knife, a custom from South Africa's own JD Ellis. A Lanny's Clip with blue G-10 frame, red linen micarta liners, maroon linen micarta bolster and natural canvas micarta scales.

Now ya gotta admit, that's an awful lot of micarta for a knife. Only steel on this knife are the back spring, blade, pivot and pins, everything else is micarta or G-10, for such a big knife it only weighs a couple of ounces.

JgiqXY2.jpg

L0Ysl3G.jpg

ta0IFZ3.jpg

That material is called Python Micarta by the Russian knife maker, Shirogorov. I've seen it oriented both like mine, which I prefer and would term horizontal as well as in a vertical orientation. Most F3 Pythons I've seen have OD green backspacers, but mine and one or two others I've encountered have Ti backspacers which are really sweet.

I have no idea where Shirogorov sources that material.

Very interesting, I would have never guessed that was factory scale material. The Busse snakeskin micarta dried up awhile back, and that's the closest analog I've seen. Cool... :cool:

Jared, some killer micarta there brother. I love JKs canvas micarta, it's nice and grippy and well what can you say about Jerry's treatment to the micarta? It's a work of art in and of itself.

Back