1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Magazine carrier suggestions

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Charlie_K, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Charlie_K

Charlie_K

Jul 16, 2012
    Well this is a little embarrassing on my part.

My holster selection for my Glock 19 was the Blackhawk standard CQC, not the serpa with the trigger release or other levers to actuate when drawing. It holds well, it rides well, I'm pretty happy with what experience I have with it so far.

However I wound up spending more time and research on good holsters than anything else. Now I need some suggestions on what are good magazine carriers? If possible I'd prefer something that can carry two magazines at the same time, either open on a regular belt, or concealed. Anything has to be better than carrying magazines loose in a pocket, right?

I considered the Blackhawk double stack magazine case for my uses, but I've read some reviews from users who report that for best retention results the magazines have to face opposite directions, because if both are facing the same direction one is going to fit looser than the other because of its mirror image construction. I don't know just how loose they mean, or if this is an actual problem to contend with when not running 3-gun competitions.

2. Converge

Converge

Oct 4, 2014
    Oddly enough the leather belt sheath that came with my Leatherman multi tool fits a Glock 19 magazine perfectly! So when I carry my 19 I use that for a spare mag holder.

As for something more legitamate, the first question would be what material you want. Leather, nylon, polymer, etc. There are plenty of single and double mag holders made of all those materials. I would just pick one from a reputable manufacturer like Galco, desantis, etc. It's just a magazine holder so I wouldn't be overly concerned like I'd be with getting a good holster. I'd be looking for something that has a very strong clip and the right amount of retention... not too little but not too much either.

These look nice

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/23...40-s-and-w-9mm-single-stack-magazines-leather

I'd go for something like that personally, but those above are for single stack. Just a quick search for the design I liked.

3. moshow9

moshow9 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2010
    For single magazine carry, take a look at NeoMag. I switched from IWB carry on my spare magazine to in the pocket, opting for NeoMag over Snag Mag (another option I was looking at) and have been nothing but happy with it. It has a strong magnet to retain the magazine and the magazine can be oriented in either position.

[video=youtube;WIszG01BCos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIszG01BCos[/video]

4. glockman99

glockman99 Super Moderator Super Mod

Jun 12, 2000
  5. seeverscpa

seeverscpa

May 19, 2015
  6. jkwithawave

jkwithawave ..... Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I like my Garrett Industries mag carrier. I have a dual mag carrier for my 1911 that also fits my P225 mags. I've also got one for my P226. They make great holsters too. I've got an owb for my 1911 and one for my P226 incoming.

http://www.giholsters.com/category-s/347.htm