Magazine carrier suggestions

Well this is a little embarrassing on my part.

My holster selection for my Glock 19 was the Blackhawk standard CQC, not the serpa with the trigger release or other levers to actuate when drawing. It holds well, it rides well, I'm pretty happy with what experience I have with it so far.

However I wound up spending more time and research on good holsters than anything else. Now I need some suggestions on what are good magazine carriers? If possible I'd prefer something that can carry two magazines at the same time, either open on a regular belt, or concealed. Anything has to be better than carrying magazines loose in a pocket, right?

I considered the Blackhawk double stack magazine case for my uses, but I've read some reviews from users who report that for best retention results the magazines have to face opposite directions, because if both are facing the same direction one is going to fit looser than the other because of its mirror image construction. I don't know just how loose they mean, or if this is an actual problem to contend with when not running 3-gun competitions.

Oddly enough the leather belt sheath that came with my Leatherman multi tool fits a Glock 19 magazine perfectly! So when I carry my 19 I use that for a spare mag holder.

As for something more legitamate, the first question would be what material you want. Leather, nylon, polymer, etc. There are plenty of single and double mag holders made of all those materials. I would just pick one from a reputable manufacturer like Galco, desantis, etc. It's just a magazine holder so I wouldn't be overly concerned like I'd be with getting a good holster. I'd be looking for something that has a very strong clip and the right amount of retention... not too little but not too much either.

These look nice

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/23...40-s-and-w-9mm-single-stack-magazines-leather

I'd go for something like that personally, but those above are for single stack. Just a quick search for the design I liked.

For single magazine carry, take a look at NeoMag. I switched from IWB carry on my spare magazine to in the pocket, opting for NeoMag over Snag Mag (another option I was looking at) and have been nothing but happy with it. It has a strong magnet to retain the magazine and the magazine can be oriented in either position.

[video=youtube;WIszG01BCos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIszG01BCos[/video]

Back