MagnaCut customs - Books Closed

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Good afternoon friends. I have two stock thicknesses to offer in Larrin Thomas' new invention, CPM MagnaCut steel. This steel looks to be a very exiting addition to the knife industry, and you can bet I will be making at least one or two of these for myself. I have been fortunate to acquire some sturdy thicknesses ideal for outdoor and hard use knives, and with my thin grinding and well considered skeletonizing, they will be light and exceptionally slicey as well. Here is what I have coming:

MagnaCut, 1 pc .140/.156 (i.e. around 5/32") x 2.500” x 38”
MagnaCut, 1 pc. .172/.188 (i.e. around 3/16") x 3” x 38”

These are among the last pieces Niagara had available until their next batch.

Please contact me by PM or email to reserve your spot.

5/32" is sold out.

Dangit David, I had just sworn off buying anything new. Then you had to go off and advertise this...

One gentleman was going to order two knives, but changed it to one, so there are actually still about 10-11" of 5/32" stock available after all. And about 28 1/2" of 3/16".

Then you had to go off and advertise this...

I'd be happy to make you something, as long as you won't regret the purchase down the road.

Reactions: ace
Okay so there are 6" of 5/32" left (might be able to squeeze 7 or maybe 7.5" out of it, depending on how I lay out the profile).

And the remaining 3/16" are "SPF", as it were. Depending on this gentleman's response to the PM I just sent him, the books might be closed.

I was hoping that you might have enough left for a lemon knife in magnacut? : ) if so let me know

(I'm in Ontario also)
thanks

Possibly. Please send me an email to the email address in my sig, and we can figure it out.

After reading that article, MagnaCut sounds like an incredible steel. That would make an absolutely perfect steel for the EDChef knives...

I'm very excited to work with it.

Good afternoon friends. I was quite conservative in my material allocation estimates, and I definitely have more 3/16" MagnaCut available for commissions. I may also have some 5/32" available, but will not know for certain until I hear back from a couple of people. So the books are open on the 3/16" for sure, as I have a 12' x 1 3/8" piece (the length goes 2" longer than this with a sharp taper, so a pretty big and pointy knife could be made) and a 10 1/4" x 1 3/8" piece (the taper on this one allows for an 11 1/2" overall length). If these two pieces don't get claimed by the end of the day tomorrow, I will make random designs from them and most likely hoard them to myself. ;)

I will announce tomorrow afternoon whether there is any more room on the 5/32".

I will be cutting the rest of the steel, and so the books are now officially and finally closed on this run. I owe it to those who have placed their orders to get this cut and shipped out for heat treatment without undue delay. To those who missed out this time around, there are a few cutoffs that may eventually shape up into knife-like objects and find their way to the Knife Maker's Market.

Everything is cut, and the box of blanks will be shipped tomorrow. I'm happy to say that I managed to lay claim to some MagnaCut for myself as well.

Back