Maiden voyage of the 9 and some ADK pics.

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by never too sharp, Sep 9, 2012.

1. never too sharp

never too sharp

Mar 7, 2007
    Among the large pile of steel that was the formidable haul from this year's gathering, there was a rather unremarkable looking Kabar BK9. On the family trip to Star Lake, NY(Adirondack Mountains), I brought along some new gear to try out, and the 9 was among that gear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sheath Toooj sent for my old Camillus 9 looks like it belongs with the Fatboy I recently acquired here on the forums.
    [​IMG]

Some pitchwood the 9 dug out of an old pine stump on the property:
    [​IMG]

The prepared kindling from a single hanging dead branch:
    [​IMG]

The fatwood wasn't very pitchy, so it got used as a platform.
    [​IMG]

Enough about the fire, back to the 9. I was really surprised when I felt the difference in how the Kabar performs vs. the Camillus. I'm not sure, but I might have let loose a giddy giggle the first time I swung the Kabar BK9. I've always liked the Camillus, but whatever voodoo Toooj and his crew worked on the design made a significant difference. It is now my favorite big blade. That includes the one I made, the old 9, the 4 and the other machete-type knives, of which I have several.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We had a good time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TheWambo

TheWambo

Apr 21, 2012
    Sweet pics looks like a great time, you where about a hour southwest of me in the park (I go to Paul Smiths college) The ADK's are really something, just so much to do and so little money for gas :D

3. Psyop

Psyop

Oct 17, 2011
    Looks like a fun time.

4. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Good stuff man, thanks for sharing. Also liked the pics of the Camillus 9. Hope you had fun!

5. Claudiasboris

Claudiasboris

Aug 23, 2010
    Kabar's BK9 is a great piece of steel. Definitely one of my favourites!

Claudiasboris

6. jukrui

jukrui

Jan 24, 2012
    Looks like a blast for you and your family. Thanks for sharing.

7. TwinStick

TwinStick

Jan 21, 2011
    Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. Bk9 doing what it does best. :D