**MAIL CALL**- traditionals

I just received this beautiful little (7.8") ladder damascus hunter from the maker G.L. "Gerry" Drew off the exchange.
Light, sharp and nimble, this one will get lots of use.

P9wLdJz.jpg

I also bought a #97 in jigged Brazilian cherry off the exchange. I much prefer the Tidioute in this knife, as it has the long pull which I love, and does NOT have the redundant second pull, which I don't. This one has light but good snap, and is beautifully made. The jigged wood has a nice warm feel in the hand.

TePOigz.jpg
What a great looking fixed blade, Jeff. Looks just right as a useful tool. Nice sheath as well.:cool:
Totally agree with your thoughts on the Tidioute. Also like the flat grind on it more than the Saber grind Northfield.

yw3Y75z.jpg

Very good day. I am going to post about my incredible experience ordering from Bobby Toole and take some better photos as well to show off this ironwood soon! My new favorite knife. What a gentleman. I want to place another order already!

The Bose is nice too but the main blade has tons of play when closed (enough to rattle when shaken) which I wish was mentioned when I bought it but oh well. The blade open is tank sturdy... Still waiting on my coffin jack to get back from Case and then this one might be going to them. It's really nice other than that...imagine I couldn't tighten the pivot in a vise with a knife so complex so I'll live with it.

Edit* little oil seemed to help the whittler?! I've read these forums enough to know I should always try that before complaining.
That Toole looks beautiful! I look forward to seeing more of that Ironwood.:thumbsup: Sorry to hear of your issues with the Case.

These just got opened about 25 minutes ago...

View attachment 1126836
Beautiful, Kevin. I love finding an older Schrade. The Dogleg is a classic but the other one I haven't seen much of, though it is very graceful.:thumbsup::cool:

AWESOME!

"An energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together."
Thanks, Taylor. :)
“For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.” – Yoda

I seem to be monopolizing this thread, but I've sold and bought a bunch of knives lately, so here's another one that just came in.
I believe this is my first camel bone GEC, and I picked a nicely mottled medium blue with well matched mark and pile side covers.

zTqU9Ql.jpg

iPZRY6a.jpg

Another Mail Call today, this time a 1960s vintage Western Black Beauty F66. Dark patina, but a very full blade and the sheath is original and in excellent condition as well. The 1095 CroVan took a beautiful edge, too!

r8InvV0.jpg
It sure does,my f48a always takes a great edge.
I tried with all my misuse as a kid and I couldn't get it to rust either.
The tang has seen some rust before, but not the blade.

I seem to be monopolizing this thread, but I've sold and bought a bunch of knives lately, so here's another one that just came in.
I believe this is my first camel bone GEC, and I picked a nicely mottled medium blue with well matched mark and pile side covers.

zTqU9Ql.jpg

iPZRY6a.jpg
NICE!!
I am a big fan of GEC. I really love their knives and I am a fan of good old made in the USA products. That being said I ordered a lion steel shuffler in rams horn with M390 steel. I really like this knife View attachment 1134359
Great Shuffler, love that dark horn!

This Puukko arrived yesterday. It was hand-made by one of Blade Forum's own.
A true artisan... Todor Hristov Todor Hristov .
Expertly ground and polished blade, amazing stacked birch bark handle, beautiful and well fitted sheath, simply outstanding quality over all! Could not be more thrilled!

These pics don't do it justice but here's a rainy day's effort...

AJ8pHzy.jpg

xOPywC6.jpg

Thank you Todor for all your hard work in making this beautiful blade available.
It's certain to be used and enjoyed for many years before becoming a family heirloom. -James

redsparrow redsparrow - simply outstanding indeed :thumbsup: Real nice. Glad you intend to use it and not just look at it :)
Your photos are great too!

Ray

Back