**MAIL CALL**- traditionals

This Puukko arrived yesterday. It was hand-made by one of Blade Forum's own.
A true artisan... @Todor Hristov.
Expertly ground and polished blade, amazing stacked birch bark handle, beautiful and well fitted sheath, simply outstanding quality over all! Could not be more thrilled!

These pics don't do it justice but here's a rainy day's effort...

AJ8pHzy.jpg

xOPywC6.jpg

Thank you Todor for all your hard work in making this beautiful blade available.
It's certain to be used and enjoyed for many years before becoming a family heirloom. -James
Amazing and great photos too !!! Heirloom indeed

Great looking little puukko looks like a great size
Thanks, it's a 3" blade and 4" handle. Should be just about right as an all round woods-walking and fishing type blade.

redsparrow redsparrow - simply outstanding indeed :thumbsup: Real nice. Glad you intend to use it and not just look at it :)
Your photos are great too!
Ray
Thank you Ray, your suggestion was a winner. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gevonovich Gevonovich thanks Gev, you're too kind. Maybe I should take more photos in the rain.;)

Last edited:
First mail call in a long time. Partially off @blackmamba strong recommendation. All things lined up fantastic stag price and I love 4” trappers don’t find many of those. I also saw ApostlePs video on the queen made Winchester’s that finished talking me in to it. Great pulls half stops and swedge work with a very smooth actionADD9B3B3-B59B-439A-AC6A-98DB0833D91E.jpeg
1E0ACF1B-2B4F-4742-B899-A4DAE7F13188.jpeg

This Puukko arrived yesterday. It was hand-made by one of Blade Forum's own.
A true artisan... @Todor Hristov.
Expertly ground and polished blade, amazing stacked birch bark handle, beautiful and well fitted sheath, simply outstanding quality over all! Could not be more thrilled!

These pics don't do it justice but here's a rainy day's effort...

AJ8pHzy.jpg

xOPywC6.jpg

Thank you Todor for all your hard work in making this beautiful blade available.
It's certain to be used and enjoyed for many years before becoming a family heirloom. -James

James, Wow!! Stunning piece. Family heirloom is right! If I had to narrow it down to one knife, it would be a Puukko.:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing it.

A very clean Schrade wire jack arrived in the mail today.

View attachment 1137339
VERY clean! Neat little knife.:thumbsup:

First mail call in a long time. Partially off @blackmamba strong recommendation. All things lined up fantastic stag price and I love 4” trappers don’t find many of those. I also saw ApostlePs video on the queen made Winchester’s that finished talking me in to it. Great pulls half stops and swedge work with a very smooth actionView attachment 1140279
View attachment 1140278
Great stag on the Winchester. It's nice when things all line up! Congrats!

What beautiful horn, Josh! Congrats on the win!

Among others these 3 arrived today.

#1 Camillus / Kent fish knife
#2 Colonial Ranger stockman
#3 Utica Kutmaster dogleg stockman as I'm calling it.
Nice pattern with a clip, pen, and coping blades.
Very nice, all three respectable knives.:thumbsup:

A couple of knives that are cheap... but Oh So Much Fun. I'll have fun carrying them at work!
Lots of fun there, John!:cool:

Another Mail Call today, this time a 1960s vintage Western Black Beauty F66. Dark patina, but a very full blade and the sheath is original and in excellent condition as well. The 1095 CroVan took a beautiful edge, too!

r8InvV0.jpg
Just an honest old knife, Jeff. Looks well cared for.:thumbsup:

I seem to be monopolizing this thread, but I've sold and bought a bunch of knives lately, so here's another one that just came in.
I believe this is my first camel bone GEC, and I picked a nicely mottled medium blue with well matched mark and pile side covers.

zTqU9Ql.jpg

iPZRY6a.jpg
Glad to see them all, Jeff. Looking forward to more of your acquisitions.

Got this one in mail box today ;)

View attachment 1134256
Another fine Ulster, Kevin!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am a big fan of GEC. I really love their knives and I am a fan of good old made in the USA products. That being said I ordered a lion steel shuffler in rams horn with M390 steel. I really like this knife View attachment 1134359
I absolutely love the Lion Steel barlows. I can't bring myself to order anything but Ram's horn. Congrats!;)

Today I received this pretty much minty case 53087 from 1971. Nice little 3 3/8" stockman, worth the $50 I think.

The stag is far from spectacular and is fat (which I'm not really a fan of) but the width makes the knife quite comfortable to hold in a sideways grip.

View attachment 1134464 View attachment 1134465
View attachment 1134467
I think you did real good there! Well worth it.

My two most recent acquisitions

421112LB in American Walnut Wood and 470116 in Red Linen Micarta

That Walnut is just beautiful and the 42 is a great pattern. I have always liked the 47's with the houndstooth shield and micarta, as well.:thumbsup:

This was waiting on me when I got to the office. Case Tribal in burnt amber bone. Actually going to my dad for Father's Day. Unwrapped, checked it and put it back in the box quickly. Had to before those bolsters made me put it in my pocket!

20190611_062128 (1) by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

Lucky dad.... thoughtful son.

I bought my dad a pocket knife once. I think he carried it for a while, but he just was not a "knife guy". I don't think he ever found much use for one.

Unlike his wayward son....:)

This was Saturday, but I forgot to post it.

I don't know why I waited this long so buy a 55, it's an awesome little knife.

I still think Buck should make a more exact little brother to the 110 but am happy enough with the 55 as it is.

They came out with the 117 mini special even though they've already got the 102 woodsman which is pretty close to being a mini 119 , so why not a mini 110 even though the 55 is pretty close to being one already ?

These arrived a day sooner than expected... no, I'm not a photographer... and I don't play one on TV...:oops:
My first GEC... a #44 Buffalo Jack in Gabon ebony... :D
And a Case Tribal Lock CV in black synthetic, because I couldn't find one in ebony that wasn't a Bose commemorative...
GEC%20and%20Tribal_zpsksit8ta1.jpg

GEC%20and%20Tribal%20back%20side_zpsi63daqnj.jpg

GEC%20and%20Tribal%20open_zpske7vj7xw.jpg

I ordered a bunch of knives on Memorial Day weekend, and they finally arrived a week ago. These are the first two that I have pictures for. I think they are now the two biggest (both length and weight) folders I have! The shipping envelope in which my order arrived was very heavy.
5 1/4" Rough Rider carbon steel folding hunter with yellow synthetic covers:
hunter.mark.2open.standing.jpg
hunter.mark.closed.wrench.onback.jpg

4 5/8" Rough Rider gunboat canoe with black lip pearl covers:
pearl.pile.closed.wisteria.jpg
pearl.mark.3open horiz.stand.jpg

- GT

Must be the week for first GECs. Haven't opened the tube yet and it's killing me! But, this is my Father's Day gift from my wife, so I'm waiting until I get home so she can be there when I open it. When I do, I'll be looking at a 2007 #73EC in snakewood. Hoping to have pics posted tomorrow.

20190614_065816 crop by Chris Thayer, on Flickr
That's going to be a good one. Can't wait to see the pictures. :cool: :thumbsup:

Back