**MAIL CALL**- traditionals

This 4” AGR Sunfish just showed up. “Blue stabilized oak”. Funky but I like it.

bZGw4xi.jpg

This 4” AGR Sunfish just showed up. “Blue stabilized oak”. Funky but I like it.

bZGw4xi.jpg
Oooo, that's nice...
Glad you got it, means mine's not far behind :)
Sure like the wood on that :thumbsup:
Russell has been hitting it outa the park lately, R.I.P.

I had two Himalayan import Khukries show up. Not sure if they are the "traditional" knives we think of. But they are traditional khukries forged in Nepal....

I'll post a pic, I guess, and if objected to, I'll remove it.

5RCL5sU.jpg

A recent one was this big (9.15") Muk skinner from "Big Chris" Berry in CPM-3V, with NO disappointment once opened.

rj5hzUz.jpg

I've been eyeballing his work, and there have been a few great deals on fixed blades in great steel on the exchange.

Last edited:
James, Wow!! Stunning piece. Family heirloom is right! If I had to narrow it down to one knife, it would be a Puukko.:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing it.
Ramrodmb Ramrodmb
Sorry Mark, just saw this comment minutes ago. :oops:
Thanks and I agree, a Puukko would be the last knife standing if I had to narrow the herd to only one. Seems to be the best "do it all " blade I've even seen. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been eyeballing his work, and there have been a few great deals on fixed blades in great steel on the exchange.

This is the second Big Chris knife I've had, the first was a trailing point hunter in CPM-S90V. It was the best hunting knife I've ever had or even used, but I gave it to a dear hunting buddy of mine. I can't wait to use this new one come November.

The "mail calls" I've had this year have been few and far between, but at the same time special. Here's another special delivery, straight from Sheffield and @Jack Black .
Thanks, Jack! I am thrilled! :thumbsup:
I will put more thoughts on it in the Guardians thread, hopefully this weekend.

A. Wright and Son Stag Lambfoot Barlow.
qUaiGPv.jpg

The "mail calls" I've had this year have been few and far between, but at the same time special. Here's another special delivery, straight from Sheffield and @Jack Black .
Thanks, Jack! I am thrilled! :thumbsup:
I will put more thoughts on it in the Guardians thread, hopefully this weekend.

A. Wright and Son Stag Lambfoot Barlow.
qUaiGPv.jpg
Another beauty. The stag from this group has been uniformly excellent.

My first Buck slipjoint arrived at the PO box today, a 302 solitaire.

Blade wise it's kind of stout for a slipjoint which is not exactly what I'm used to, but it seems like a nice change of pace.
It should still cut fairly well , so it's not that far off from what I'm used to.

Just arrived, a Tiger Eye Acrylic #48 WT, with a nice leather slip.

wrP3i60.jpg

It must be the geometry of the blades and springs, but every #48 I've ever handled had the most wonderful walk and talk. If you've never tried one, you owe it to yourself to do so.

Back