1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

**MAIL CALL**- traditionals

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Ramrodmb, May 6, 2019.

1. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dschal, BigKurtHaze, Frailer and 15 others like this.
  2. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Another piece for the ages Paul.

Ramrodmb likes this.
  3. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    The leopard strikes again! Beautiful knife, Chui, just stunning!

Ramrodmb likes this.
  4. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
    - thank you, Alan and Jeff :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

5. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    This ugly little duck arrived the other day. These might be the ugliest bone covers I've ever seen! However, I promptly sent it down to Texas for a complete makeover. Gonna have the blades hand rubbed. Satin finished bolsters with vintage linen micarta recover. For shield we're going to homage to the originals with either an upside down double bomb or hounds tooth. Can't wait for the final product!
    20190715_200957.jpg

Dschal, Pinemoon, cjtamu and 5 others like this.
  6. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I actually like these scales, but I'd certainly love to see what you end up with.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  7. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Some days the mail is more fun than others. These were at my office this morning. Stag-handled S&M Scout knife for me. The other box has what should be a really nice S&M small toothpick in ATS-34 for Kim. That box will remain unopened until I see her later today. Her knife, she should see it first :). And yes, the suspense is killing me.

20190730_064556 Sized 30.jpg

8. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    This just arrived...
    The new A.G. Russell Sunfish in blue stabilized oak. The covers are what drew me to it.
    She's built like a tank, very hefty and solid lockback. The lock bar is a new design with a patent pending. In order to fit this much blade into the handle the lock bar is split (with two pins), parallel to the knife; the blade rests inside this cavity when closed. It's pretty neat.

[​IMG]AG Sunfish by D P, on Flickr
    [​IMG]A.G. Sunfish by D P, on Flickr
    [​IMG]AG Russell Sunfish by D P, on Flickr

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Dschal, neal70, paulhilborn and 4 others like this.
  9. cjtamu

Nov 6, 2018
    That Sunfish is sweet @Pinemoon . Is that one of their Italian made knives? I got one of the Italian made one-hand knives last year, very happy with it.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Pinemoon likes this.
  10. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    That Stag Scout is fantastic! Very nice Stag.:cool: I'd love to see more of it if/when you are able to. Hope Kim's is as nice as yours and that she enjoys it as much!;)

Stunning covers. The colors are amazing! Interesting about the split lock bar too.
    Thanks for posting.:thumbsup:
    R.I.P. AG.

neal70 and Pinemoon like this.
  11. cjtamu

Nov 6, 2018
    Thank you. Wait till you see the liners! Pretty knife, but a few flaws I'll discuss when I post more pics. I bought it to EDC, so certainly won't keep me from using and enjoying. I was in Rogers early last September. Business trip, decided to drive up with Kim and the dogs. Spent 3 days there and got pressed for time, never made it by A. G. Russell. Sure wish I had now. Another lesson learned.

neal70 and Ramrodmb like this.
  12. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Camillus Radio Jack or PX knife. Jigged wood handles.

[​IMG]

Dschal, BigKurtHaze, neal70 and 6 others like this.
  13. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Wow cool Steve! :cool:
    Never seen one like that with jigged wood.:thumbsup:

Thanks I'll watch for your post.:thumbsup:

neal70 and SteveC like this.
  14. Pinemoon

Mar 25, 2005
    Thanks, it's a different pattern for me, very big. It's easily the heftiest, most rugged folder I own.
    It's not Italian made, it's China, certainly worth the $125 price--point.

15. Pinemoon

Mar 25, 2005
    Yes, RIP AG...
    That company is hitting it outta the park right now. A lot of great designs.

And yes those covers are sweet! It's the whole reason I got the knife.
    It's oak burl. It has blues and reds and yellows. A lot of variation. Check it out online for examples. I'm glad I got some red!

Ramrodmb likes this.
  16. cjtamu

Nov 6, 2018
    Kim's new S&M Small Toothpick in ATS-34 blade steel. Really nice little knife, she's very happy :). Hard to read the blade etch in the pics, but it's "1 of 30".

20190731_081729 sized 40.jpg

20190731_081752 sized 40.jpg

17. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Christmas time in July for me... two packages in the mail box today. My Case bonestag Trapperlock, and my Northfield stockman in green (??) bone.

EDIT: Pictures removed, so as not to offend sensibilities.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Mayonardo, 315, Ramrodmb and 7 others like this.
  18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Cool knives... But thumb studs aren't appropriate to post outside of the modern-ized traditional thread.
    The supply of #66s should be starting to dwindle by now, lucky you grabbed one while you still could. :cool::thumbsup:

19. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    ark7 2.jpg ark7 1.jpg Arrived this morning.