**MAIL CALL**- traditionals

TM%20Dino%2004.jpg

TM%20Dino%2005.jpg

This ugly little duck arrived the other day. These might be the ugliest bone covers I've ever seen! However, I promptly sent it down to Texas for a complete makeover. Gonna have the blades hand rubbed. Satin finished bolsters with vintage linen micarta recover. For shield we're going to homage to the originals with either an upside down double bomb or hounds tooth. Can't wait for the final product!
20190715_200957.jpg

This ugly little duck arrived the other day. These might be the ugliest bone covers I've ever seen! However, I promptly sent it down to Texas for a complete makeover. Gonna have the blades hand rubbed. Satin finished bolsters with vintage linen micarta recover. For shield we're going to homage to the originals with either an upside down double bomb or hounds tooth. Can't wait for the final product!
View attachment 1162895

I actually like these scales, but I'd certainly love to see what you end up with.

Last edited:
Some days the mail is more fun than others. These were at my office this morning. Stag-handled S&M Scout knife for me. The other box has what should be a really nice S&M small toothpick in ATS-34 for Kim. That box will remain unopened until I see her later today. Her knife, she should see it first :). And yes, the suspense is killing me.

20190730_064556 Sized 30.jpg

This just arrived...
The new A.G. Russell Sunfish in blue stabilized oak. The covers are what drew me to it.
She's built like a tank, very hefty and solid lockback. The lock bar is a new design with a patent pending. In order to fit this much blade into the handle the lock bar is split (with two pins), parallel to the knife; the blade rests inside this cavity when closed. It's pretty neat.

AG Sunfish by D P, on Flickr
A.G. Sunfish by D P, on Flickr
AG Russell Sunfish by D P, on Flickr

Last edited:
That Sunfish is sweet Pinemoon Pinemoon . Is that one of their Italian made knives? I got one of the Italian made one-hand knives last year, very happy with it.

Last edited:
Some days the mail is more fun than others. These were at my office this morning. Stag-handled S&M Scout knife for me. The other box has what should be a really nice S&M small toothpick in ATS-34 for Kim. That box will remain unopened until I see her later today. Her knife, she should see it first :). And yes, the suspense is killing me.

View attachment 1170676
That Stag Scout is fantastic! Very nice Stag.:cool: I'd love to see more of it if/when you are able to. Hope Kim's is as nice as yours and that she enjoys it as much!;)

This just arrived...
The new A.G. Russell Sunfish in blue stabilized oak. The covers are what drew me to it.
She's built like a tank, very hefty and solid lockback. The lock bar is a new design with a patent pending. In order to fit this much blade into the handle the lock bar is split (with two pins), parallel to the knife; the blade rests inside this cavity when closed. It's pretty neat.

AG Sunfish by D P, on Flickr
A.G. Sunfish by D P, on Flickr
AG Russell Sunfish by D P, on Flickr
Stunning covers. The colors are amazing! Interesting about the split lock bar too.
Thanks for posting.:thumbsup:
R.I.P. AG.

That Stag Scout is fantastic! Very nice Stag.:cool: I'd love to see more of it if/when you are able to. Hope Kim's is as nice as yours and that she enjoys it as much!;)
R.I.P. AG.

Thank you. Wait till you see the liners! Pretty knife, but a few flaws I'll discuss when I post more pics. I bought it to EDC, so certainly won't keep me from using and enjoying. I was in Rogers early last September. Business trip, decided to drive up with Kim and the dogs. Spent 3 days there and got pressed for time, never made it by A. G. Russell. Sure wish I had now. Another lesson learned.

Camillus Radio Jack or PX knife. Jigged wood handles.

Rr39DBa.jpg
Wow cool Steve! :cool:
Never seen one like that with jigged wood.:thumbsup:

Thank you. Wait till you see the liners! Pretty knife, but a few flaws I'll discuss when I post more pics. I bought it to EDC, so certainly won't keep me from using and enjoying. I was in Rogers early last September. Business trip, decided to drive up with Kim and the dogs. Spent 3 days there and got pressed for time, never made it by A. G. Russell. Sure wish I had now. Another lesson learned.
Thanks I'll watch for your post.:thumbsup:

That Sunfish is sweet Pinemoon Pinemoon . Is that one of their Italian made knives? I got one of the Italian made one-hand knives last year, very happy with it.
Thanks, it's a different pattern for me, very big. It's easily the heftiest, most rugged folder I own.
It's not Italian made, it's China, certainly worth the $125 price--point.

Stunning covers. The colors are amazing! Interesting about the split lock bar too.
Thanks for posting.:thumbsup:
R.I.P. AG.
Yes, RIP AG...
That company is hitting it outta the park right now. A lot of great designs.

And yes those covers are sweet! It's the whole reason I got the knife.
It's oak burl. It has blues and reds and yellows. A lot of variation. Check it out online for examples. I'm glad I got some red!

Christmas time in July for me... two packages in the mail box today. My Case bonestag Trapperlock, and my Northfield stockman in green (??) bone.

EDIT: Pictures removed, so as not to offend sensibilities.

NF%20stockman%202%20s_zpsu2dzzdkq.jpg

NF%20stockman%201%20s_zpsevmz8ybm.jpg

Last edited:
Christmas time in July for me... two packages in the mail box today. My Case bonestag Trapperlock, and my Northfield stockman in green (??) bone.
NF%20stockman%202%20s_zpsu2dzzdkq.jpg

NF%20stockman%201%20s_zpsevmz8ybm.jpg
Cool knives... But thumb studs aren't appropriate to post outside of the modern-ized traditional thread.
The supply of #66s should be starting to dwindle by now, lucky you grabbed one while you still could. :cool::thumbsup:

Back