Maine Axes -post 'em up

That older Hudson Bay by S&N is in great shape Glenn. I have three of that style, one is marked L.L. Bean. I also have an L.L. Bean Hudson Bay that appears to have been made by Collins. My opinion is the older S&N axes are a superior design. Mine came on three different length handles 18, 22 and 24 inch. Not sure if any of the handles are original but they all are old and well-fitted with the big iron wedge that S&N was known for.

Cool, I'd love to see them if you have pics.

Cool, I'd love to see them if you have pics.
I'm still working on pics and a host since photo bucket is gone for me. Latest is I updated my windows which screwed up my camera down loads into the computer somehow. Was on 3 hours with MS support to fix it.

I'm still working on pics and a host since photo bucket is gone for me. Latest is I updated my windows which screwed up my camera down loads into the computer somehow. Was on 3 hours with MS support to fix it.

Anyone else here running Linux? I left Windows headaches behind 12 years ago.

Oh, and it's more secure, faster, and it's free.

Anyone else here running Linux? I left Windows headaches behind 12 years ago.

Oh, and it's more secure, faster, and it's free.

Linux for me as a primary. Mac OS as a secondary and wife has Windows. All of them have something to offer (with Linux having the most and Windows the least). Just tools (like axes) and its no fun limiting yourself to just one. Linux is definitely the goto though.

DSC08480_zpsmpqelxwf.jpg

DSC08481_zpsaeo3vwfp.jpg

Interesting design philosophies about 'purpose of use' for the same pattern by the same company, over an extended period of time. The new one is obviously geared more towards visual appearance, limbing and ease of sharpening than the vintage model which has a more generous eye and less blade leverage due to shorter length. Perhaps Wetterlings emulated the earlier version when it began making and marketing their version of an H.B.
You don't have to guess which one I'd prefer.

Hello all, is this a no name Maine pattern? Or just a no name axe? It is a 2.25 boys size axe.

In the second picture I thought there might be a touch mark but I doubt it. Thanks for the input!!

This axe I found yesterday turned out to be a really nice E&S. The reverse side is stamped B&M, as in railroad maybe? The head is 3.5lb and the handle is a hair under 29". The handle is sweet.

IMG_20180113_231051 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20180113_231106 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20180113_231128 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20180113_231141 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20180113_231155 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20180113_231212 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20180113_231223 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20180113_231240 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr

Back