Maine Axes -post 'em up

Time to drop the discussion and move on to another topic.

Haven't posted for awhile, found lots of Maknes since then but I'll try and keep it just to the nicer ones.
IlTyqlvh.jpg

MD Spiller & Sons sleeper pattern
CmEl4ith.jpg

Dunn Edge Tool Co (DETCO) Hoosier pattern
neEskklh.jpg

Hubbard & Blake jersey, only embossed axe to come out of Maine. Made between 1873 and 1883.
XWET36nh.jpg

Another H&B West Waterville
6XlBRP7h.jpg

E&S made Montreal pattern marked R MFG CO
FWrqBoGh.jpg

Spiller Hudson Bay
6clb0w7h.jpg

NE Old Yank Connie
EBTBsCUh.jpg

4 1/2lb E&S jersey
Uq1CiCMh.jpg

2 3/4lb Spiller cruiser
jRQ9T4j.jpg

Marsh & Sons reversible pattern
XSH9Jxs.jpg

E&S 4lb reversible pattern
MkNIQs2.jpg

NE Old Yank jersey
8Zax59Z.jpg

Witherell Connie

Definitely a few others deserving to be posted but didn't have time or want to overwhelm you guys.

Haven't posted for awhile, found lots of Maknes since then but I'll try and keep it just to the nicer ones.
IlTyqlvh.jpg

MD Spiller & Sons sleeper pattern
CmEl4ith.jpg

Dunn Edge Tool Co (DETCO) Hoosier pattern
neEskklh.jpg

Hubbard & Blake jersey, only embossed axe to come out of Maine. Made between 1873 and 1883.
XWET36nh.jpg

Another H&B West Waterville
6XlBRP7h.jpg

E&S made Montreal pattern marked R MFG CO
FWrqBoGh.jpg

Spiller Hudson Bay
6clb0w7h.jpg

NE Old Yank Connie
EBTBsCUh.jpg

4 1/2lb E&S jersey
Uq1CiCMh.jpg

2 3/4lb Spiller cruiser
jRQ9T4j.jpg

Marsh & Sons reversible pattern
XSH9Jxs.jpg

E&S 4lb reversible pattern
MkNIQs2.jpg

NE Old Yank jersey
8Zax59Z.jpg

Witherell Connie

Definitely a few others deserving to be posted but didn't have time or want to overwhelm you guys.

Jlemay18, really cool stuff!!!

Thanks for posting. We just don't find that stuff out west.

Jlemay18, really cool stuff!!!

Thanks for posting. We just don't find that stuff out west.

Thanks man. They're definitely out there, the Marsh & Sons reversible came from either Oregon or Washington and that seems to be more of a West coast pattern. Not common from those makers, at least not on the east coast, that one and the E&S are the only Maines I've seen in that pattern.

But these are mostly all of the nicest ones I've gotten since last posting on here, at least that I still have left. Shifted my focus from quantity to quality and been selling off duplicates over the past few months. Just don't have the space for that many and the money is good too, that way I can keep bringing in new stuff but not just anything that's a Maine anymore. It's tough to let some go but it's hard to use and appreciate every single one when you have so many.

we've seen the allagash before but i'v never heard the story.

to be fair, bestmade is still a quality tool, it's just heavily hipsterized

Seen the Brant & Cochran Allagash cruiser. Looks nice if they get the heat treat right.

Bestmade isn't a Maine axe.
I know, but he said "It's a quality tool, not some Hipster axe" out of the context of maine axes IMO, i hate to chase this and bring this thread of topic, so let's agree to disagree on this topic if you do not see my point

Have read about alagash for a year now and it's always coming soon and the price keeps going up,know what you mean they are talking 250 last I read for unknown steel.

Back