1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makers: Post pics of your knives.

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by jdm61, Jan 25, 2016.

1. HSC ///

HSC /// KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Hsc.. Beautiful work sir!

3. Ken H>

Ken H>

Dec 31, 2011
    Harbeer, you are guilty!!!! Guilty of posting GREAT looking knives with no info about the knife. We desire handle material, blade material, hardness, ect. Love to read a bit about the knife as well as look at it. GREAT looking knives.

FOG2 likes this.
  4. HSC ///

HSC /// KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 7, 2012
    Sambar stag frame handle and king wood with silicon bronze. 5 3/4” prep knife blade of Damascus suminagashi.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brock Cutlery, FOG2 and milkbaby like this.
  5. HSC ///

Nov 7, 2012
    thanks, very kind of you

all are laminated steel, Hitachi white core and stainless cladding, hand forged and quenched in water to 63-64 RC
    the top one is a stabilized Tasmanian Blackwood, the 2nd is snakewood, the third nakiri is spalted maple burl given to my by James Rodebaugh MS.

all three have G10 caps, normally I would use a silicon bronze ferrulebut I was pressed for time and the G10 is easier to work with given time constraints,

FOG2 likes this.
  6. HSC ///

Nov 7, 2012
    another frame handle, 6.5" blade of laminated steel, Hitachi white core

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brock Cutlery, FOG2 and milkbaby like this.
  7. timos-

timos- KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 22, 2012
    another ghost cloud pattern complete :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Brock Cutlery, milkbaby and FOG2 like this.
  9. Carterwhopkins

Carterwhopkins

Dec 12, 2012
    A 240mm kiritsuke in 52100 @62HRC, gaboon ebony & buffalo horn handle with nickel-silver spacer and mosaic, saya is gaboon ebony with hand turned and knurled nickel-silver pin.

[​IMG]

10. timos-

timos- KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 22, 2012
    Nitro-V hardened to RC63 in a 54mm x 254mm format. Handle is dove-wa style buckeye with ancient bog oak frame.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. R APPLEBY

R APPLEBY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 11, 2003
    Hello All, This is a first for me and I am pretty pleased with how it came out.

10 inch blade, Alabama damascus ladder pattern, desert ironwood and bronze handle, birdseye maple case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brock Cutlery and FOG2 like this.
  12. timos-

Oct 22, 2012
    Wow, that sure looks awesome. I love the saya pin style you used.

R APPLEBY likes this.
  13. R APPLEBY

R APPLEBY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 11, 2003
    Thanks it's a wide tapered wedge of desert Ironwood

14. Aussie2370

Aussie2370

Apr 18, 2018
    [​IMG]

Not sure if the image will load correctly, sorry in advance!

First knife I ever took a crack at doing.

Damascus blade with a hammered finish. Handle is Jarrah wood (Australian hardwood) with a copper wire inlay and wrap.

Hand carved handle tailored to suited my hands (carving took forever, this wood is ridiculously hard.

very light stain and wax finish. looks beautiful and always gets comments from guests on the comfortable fit and feel and the red jarrah finish.

*** unable to directly upload the image so I hope the URL method works (any pointers on uploading images to the text area would be greatly appreciated)***

15. Carterwhopkins

Carterwhopkins

Dec 12, 2012
    Here are a couple of 52100 blades that I just completed. The top one is a 245mm gyuto with a redwood burl handle and the bottom is a 160mmK-tip petty with a buckeye burl handle.

[​IMG]

milkbaby, jdm61 and FOG2 like this.
  16. timos-

Oct 22, 2012
    Awesome stuff Carter! finish looks nice and clean.

On a side note, I am doing my first knife show this weekend...I am bringing all kitchen knives! I have 5 knives to glue up , shape handles, finish sand, and sharpen this week! Ill post family photos when I have them.

17. jdm61

jdm61 itinerant metal pounder Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 12, 2005
    Sweet!!! That is some nice looking redwood.

18. milkbaby

milkbaby

Aug 1, 2016
    My photography is just a amateur as my knife making, LOL. But I was still very happy how this 8 inch gyuto turned out. 15N20 carbon steel, dyed box elder and wenge wood, brass and that horrible red G10 that never looks good. Black walnut saya.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Fuel Edgeworks

Fuel Edgeworks Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2018
    Here are some of my latest projects. I mainly use high carbon steels in my knives, but lately have dipped my toes in some stainless as well. For handles i mostly use box elder burl, g10 liners, bolster material varies, but mostlythings like buffalo horn and juma. Thanks for looking!

chef.JPG sujihiki.JPG gyuto2.JPG guyto.JPG

20. timos-

Oct 22, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]