Making a purchase advice.

I will be looking to buy another CRK in a couple of weeks, after we return from Portland (granddaughter) :cool:
I have a Small Micarta Insingo.
1. The obvious is a slab side Small Insingo. I'll stonewash it:D
2. Of course there is the elegant Carbon Fiber Insingo with it's lightweight-ness.
3. I could go for a Minandi if they were a bit longer.:(, but it's just too tiny even for my small hands.
4. No small Standard blade please, pointed blades don't like me.

Tired of obsessing, please give input.

It sounds as if you are somewhat limited in your choices if you want an Insingo. My vote would be to go with the BHQ carbon fiber. Another "out there" option would be to get a small inlay and have CRK do a blade change to get the Insingo you are looking for.

It's a shame KSF moved already. They were just outside Portland.

As what Corksin said, I would also go with either the KnifeArt Full CF Insingo or the Blade HQ CF Inlaid Ingsingo...

Easy choice! The carbon fiber insingo is the clear winner out of those:)

I agree with the others, CF Insingo. It would also fill in nicely as an office/dressy knife in needed.

You can get a plain jane and then have a CF after market slab made. If you don't like the balance of the CF slab, you'll have the option of putting the Ti slab back on. For the added price of the CF slab, it's like having two different knives.

I've got a 25 like that and have changed slabs before I picked up another 25. Now, I keep the CF slab on.

Might be worth holding out for the Inkosi to arrive. It is maybe a little less pointy. Supposed to be out in a month, and some YouTube reviews etc will likely follow.

Thank you all for the great support......but it's not helping, still obsessing.:D

I didn't know CRK would make a blade swap, cool. & Will look at Blade HQ's item .
Oh yes the full CF is a gem.
I have a scale(non CRK item) already, but it's not perfect.
Oh yes, Inkosi, but it's a way off.

Ok, back to to packing.

It sounds as if you are somewhat limited in your choices if you want an Insingo. My vote would be to go with the BHQ carbon fiber. Another "out there" option would be to get a small inlay and have CRK do a blade change to get the Insingo you are looking for.

It's a shame KSF moved already. They were just outside Portland.

I asked to swap blades when I went into CRK a few weeks ago, and they said they don't do that.

Back