Making knives Weekends and early mornings

redsquid2

Bastard Son Of Antiochus IV
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

2my5S6Q

51558904762_d74a1d0580_b.jpg

Last edited:
More than one way to skin and I was hoping to get some of these finished for hunting.

Nicely done. Those look useful and well thought out.

I’ve purchased a couple of your blades and have to say this is very correct, all very useful and well made. Your design on these looks wonderful any chance on calling dibs on one of those or are they reserved.😋

Here is the same set of A2 blanks. Of these my favorite is in the left hand column, third one down.

A Couple more in A2. For the top one I came up with the design by just carefully watching a lot of YouTube videos of guys cutting up turkeys - their knives and how they used them. I have never hunted turkey but hopefully it’s good:

This one is 154 CM I am thinking about giving the grind a slight convex closer to the edge like the lower 1/3.

Last edited:
I’ve purchased a couple of your blades and have to say this is very correct, all very useful and well made. Your design on these looks wonderful any chance on calling dibs on one of those or are they reserved.😋

I appreciate your appreciation. None of them are spoken for yet. Message me.

I finished shaping and sanding the handle on this one. I was inspired by a video clip of somebody splitting kindling with a knife. Although I always did that with a hatchet, I decided to make a knife that can split kindling. The only bar stock on hand was 154CM, so that's what I used. I sent it to Paul Bos asking for a hardness of 58 HRC. The handle is micarta and nickel silver. The bevel is convexed and this is the first time I have done that on a knife. What do y'all think?

51658568885_f606ea8282_b.jpg

The angle makes the blade look 6" but it is just shy of 5 3/4".

51657699756_e1b73e85bb_b.jpg

51658371864_67cd617bd2_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back