Making some scales for the swamp warden anybody have an old set?

Chevelleface

Gold Member
I am getting a batch of Cnc swamp warden scales in micarta and g10 Made. I am trying to figure out what version everyone has?I know there are two or three versions aside from the mega warden. I have one from around 2011. I’ll measure it and post the thickness.
Also if anyone has a set of the Old scales from bpiatt and would Like some new ones in a different material. Lmk please if you are willing to loan them for this project. The older ones would make it easier and a lot faster To replicate them. We can work out a deal for the help.

Are you planning to do some for the Mega Swamp Warden too or just the older version(s)?? I’d be interested in some thin scales for my Mega...
(Don’t own a thin one :()

Are you planning to do some for the Mega Swamp Warden too or just the older version(s)?? I’d be interested in some thin scales for my Mega...
(Don’t own a thin one :()
I would like to make some for the mega as well maybe after the first run. Idk how the knife would look with rounded edges and scales. I think most busse with nuclear treatment only have the edges rounded next to the scales. The mega has all edges rounded off. Any input on this would be appreciated.

I replied to your PM.

As Ben and I discovered back in the day when he had a bunch of scales made, not only are there slight thickness variations in the knives, there are also several slight design changes in the handle shapes between production runs. This seeming simple idea to make a one-size-fits-all set of scales for these awesome little knives is a lot harder to do than meets the eye.

Let me know.

I took a picture to show this. Here are several Wardens from at least 3 different production runs, maybe more. I have a bunch more, but they're in vehicles and hunting bags, so I'm not going to go dig them out.

IMG_5928.jpg

The Jungle Green and Muddy Brown were from my first order, definitely first run.

The Sage one from the first (?) run was from a different order of mine, several months later. This one is one of my oddballs. The cutout of the handle is not centered; it appears to be be offset towards the edge side a little bit. It's not the only one I've seen/had like this, could be the second production run of the first batch. IDK.

The next pair of Moss Green ones are from a later run, perhaps ~2011. I can't recall, the ones I have from this timeframe were all bought 2nd hand.

The last one in Hammered Silver was from a grab bag, in 2018 if I'm not mistaken. It might be a little thicker than the first run ones due to a bit of a thicker coating (hammered silver, like moss green, tends to run a thick).

Did these ever happen?
I would like to have a set for a mega in Black with brown burlap Micarta or maybe even glow in the dark LOL

Did these ever happen?
I would like to have a set for a mega in Black with brown burlap Micarta or maybe even glow in the dark LOL
I don’t think so but I’m still hoping someone will pick up the reigns and make some mega scales. I’d buy 5 sets myself…

Give me a cpl months.. just moved in to a new shop and need to get everything set up. If nobody picks it up before I'm ready I'll let EVERYONE know asap!!!
That would be awesome!

What material(s)/color(s) will you use??

Back