Malanika puukko

alongoria

Gold Member
Hello. I don't post very often, but I wanted to share my appreciation of a Malanika puukko by Danijel Haramina.

I requested a small "Maassepan" puukko with a 3.5 inch blade.

It is exceptionally well done. I am a big fan of Roselli Carpenter knives and have owned several. However, this Malanika puukko is on a completely different level of materials, fit, and finish (superb).

I don't have any puukkos from any of the major Finnish makers. So I can't directly compare this knife to them. However, I am fortunate to have a number of handmade knives from some of the top makers, including mastersmiths. For a "using" knife, it is super. I'm sure his knives with more features (brass fittings, birch bark handle, blade finish, etc...) are also superb and would compare well with the best Finnish mastersmiths.

Finally, he was very responsive to my emails and messages, and he was very nice in conducting the business transaction.

Many thanks to Danijel and many recommendations to all who would appreciate a great puukko.

Regards, Adam

Pictures please!! I love nice puukko's as well. I have a nice one from Martti Malinen.

He makes a very fine puukko. My experience with ordering and communicating with him mirrors yours. A fine man to deal with and fine cutlery!

Good Choice, Danijel is the best man,

Here are my new knives I got from him

A matching Leuku and a Puukko, just perfect.

just wanted to show you them before they get scuffed up.

Malanika's are made for use :D

I apologize I don't have pictures. However, if you go to his web site and navigate to "Recent Work" and "Puukkos", he has a picture up of my maassepan puukko (the only one in pictures). Thank you. Regards, Adam

Hello DeadboxHero. Your leuku and a puukko are VERY nice! I'm sure you'll enjoy and get exceptional good use of them! Regards, Adam

I received my puukko yesterday. I am very pleased with it. It is an heirloom!

Back