Man, I Love This Knife

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
P1060087_zps80385494.jpg

Those are sweet looking blades.

Sure, rub it in now that nobody else can get one now.

I'm staring at a stack of 20 of them right now and I can't even get one, don't bitch.

Seriously though, Todd ain't even got one. Won't be long and orders will reopen.

Heah.....its true. I never made this knife with the rest of the world in mind. I just wanted to make myself a good all purpose utility knife. The very first one I made (for me) I ended up giving it to a buddy of mine who's luck sucks worse than mine. Since then the Yuma has become pretty popular and everyone I've ever made to replace the first one has litterally been bought right off of my belt, as well as any other one I can possibly make. A good problem to have as a struggling knifemaker. But a sh!tty circumstance to face as a kinife fan and user.

I'm going to have to wait till Blade to get one of these won't I? Damn, guess I have to find another piece of steel to satiate the craving since then... Maybe the bk-10 will work.

Todd, is there a Yuma list somewhere I can get on? I sent you an email a few days ago via your website contact form but never heard anything back. And my apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I've only had a chance to read through a couple of the threads here on your forum... but I most definitely want to get my hands on one of these beauties!

Todd, is there a Yuma list somewhere I can get on? I sent you an email a few days ago via your website contact form but never heard anything back.

As the designated email answerer, I would respectfully dispute the claim that you never heard anything back. Granted, 'Twas Sunday afternoon when I answered the latest batch of emails, but I believe if you check your email, you'll see a response..dated yesterday. It went a little something like this;

"Hello, Rob.
Thanks for your email. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I haven't been checking my page lately, I've been in the shop. I would normally love to sell you a Yuma, unfortunately, I've made the decision to attend the Atlanta, Ga Blade Show this year http://www.bladeshow.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=31379&;
and have stopped taking orders until after this event so that I can have a table full of wares to take with me. I will hold onto your email, and as soon as we get back from Blade Show, I'll contact you to see if you're still interested, and I'm sure we can get going on whatever you like. It goes against my nature to tell a potential customer no, but to a small knifemaker such as myself, Blade is a big deal and I of course want to present well. If you can make it to the show, you can buy the knife of your choice right off my table, no waiting! I'll be in touch, hope we can work together soon."

I saved your email, Rob. I absolutely hate turning down people who want one of Todd's blades, but we've gotta impress at Blade Show, so something had to give. I'll start a thread in this forum as well for people who want on the "when we get back from blade show" list. And when you get a chance..check your email. ;)

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1039989-Post-Blade-Show-Order-Thread

Last edited:
^^ No worries, I totally understand... I'm hoping to get to the Blade Show again this year, I'm guessing with such great designs Todd's table will sell out in no-time flat; I'll have to make sure I get a VIP pass and make a mad dash to his table when the doors open.

Not sure why I didn't receive the email... it wouldn't be the first time I've entered my own email address incorrectly in one of those forms. Is the reason you have a form instead of a contact email address due to issues with email spamming?

I'm staring at a stack of 20 of them right now and I can't even get one, don't bitch.

Seriously though, Todd ain't even got one. Won't be long and orders will reopen.

Heah.....its true. I never made this knife with the rest of the world in mind. I just wanted to make myself a good all purpose utility knife. The very first one I made (for me) I ended up giving it to a buddy of mine who's luck sucks worse than mine. Since then the Yuma has become pretty popular and everyone I've ever made to replace the first one has litterally been bought right off of my belt, as well as any other one I can possibly make. A good problem to have as a struggling knifemaker. But a sh!tty circumstance to face as a kinife fan and user.

I'm going to have to wait till Blade to get one of these won't I? Damn, guess I have to find another piece of steel to satiate the craving since then... Maybe the bk-10 will work.

Todd, is there a Yuma list somewhere I can get on? I sent you an email a few days ago via your website contact form but never heard anything back. And my apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I've only had a chance to read through a couple of the threads here on your forum... but I most definitely want to get my hands on one of these beauties!

Damn, I already feel bad for having two when others can't even get one right now...after all I can only use one at a time personally. But I like having a back up since I like the design so much and I like the idea of having and extra one (and want a couple more) to "issue" to a student in advanced classes. Now every time I turn around I'm getting the urge to loan one of mine to a friend who is interested, and even have offered a couple of times. But now this... I'm starting to wonder if it wouldn't be more profitable to just auction one of mine off ;)

Seriously though, it is a great, well thought out design. Hell I have even quit focusing on making the design I wanted for classes, which does vary from Todd's design a bit, and have been working more on dedicated "tactical-survival" designs for experiments. I'm never going to be a knife maker, I'd rather be out using them, but I like to test concepts and having people prototype designs can get expensive :)

Back