Manbug Salt or Ladybug HB Salt

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by kershawguy13, May 1, 2017.

1. kershawguy13

kershawguy13

May 8, 2014
    I want one of these for my keys, which blade shape would be best for the tasks you would use such a small knife for?

2. RC15

RC15 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2017
    This post has some pics for your comparison: https://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtopic.php?t=56719

Also bladeops did a video:

I cant speak about the ladybug because I dont have one, but I do have a superblue manbug and it's a nice little knife (great for keychain)

3. adamlau

adamlau

Oct 13, 2002
    Of the two, I would prefer the Manbug for its size and the hawkbill for its utility.

4. JerryIsAlive

JerryIsAlive

Jun 13, 2012
    Have both, love both. If I had to pick one, I'd choose manbug for form factor

5. twinboysdad

twinboysdad

Apr 10, 2015
    I am probably getting the MB, but lack of point is on my mind. The LBHB is without peril for a knife its size. I lost mine on a beach trip and drove to the brick and mortar the day I got back and bought another. I will always have a LBHB Salt

6. adamlau

adamlau

Oct 13, 2002
    I value utility over size. My personal choice between the two would be for the hawkbill.

7. kershawguy13

kershawguy13

May 8, 2014
    Thanks for the responses. I really wish the Manbug had a real tip. The hawkbill blade shape seems like it would be more useful in a small knife.

Edit: ended up ordering the LB Hawkbill

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    JerryIsAlive likes this.