Mandela Effect? OR just a memory SNAFU?

Okay so, the other day I was looking thru knife makers on a site and I came what I THOUGHT was the 'Extreme Ratio' brand.

Only it was spelled 'Extrema Ratio' now, I'm sorry I've looked thru ER's catalog of merchandise numerous times in the past and I am virtually CERTAIN I DO NOT remember the brand name spelled this way. (ExtremA Ratio w/ an 'A')

Rather, I was sure it was always spelled the other way 'ExtremE Ratio' (w/ an 'E')

Could I be wrong? Sure, I suppose so but, in my memory it just seems SO SURE of it being spelled w/ the E.

So, my question is, does anyone else remember Extreme Ratio being spelled this way? Could this potentially be another Mandela Effect anomaly?

ExtremA. Its just your brain that wants to read it as 'extreme,' which is quite natural.

s2kYSTs.jpg

QED

Correct. Extrema Ratio...with an "A". I still have one in my collection. :)

Foret all this, I'm still trying to figure out when I transitioned to the Berenstain Bears universe:confused:

That shit was most definitely Berenstein Bears when I was a kid:mad:

SpIderco. ProtAc. Chris Reefs.
We've heard them all, havent we. Lol.

Last edited:
Foret all this, I'm still trying to figure out when I transitioned to the Berenstain Bears universe:confused:

That shit was most definitely Berenstein Bears when I was a kid:mad:

I have a theory on that.

As we were young kids reading the Bearenstain bears we were often not great readers. When we saw the word Bearenstain which was one of the longer words in those books we would recognize the word upon reading the first few letters and know it said the last name of the bear family.

As a result we would skip over reading that long word and never noticed it was spelled Bearenstain.

I have a theory on that.

As we were young kids reading the Bearenstain bears we were often not great readers. When we saw the word Bearenstain which was one of the longer words in those books we would recognize the word upon reading the first few letters and know it said the last name of the bear family.

As a result we would skip over reading that long word and never noticed it was spelled Bearenstain.

Except Berenstein has a legit translation, roughly meaning stone bearer and Berenstain is nonsense.

Not to mention we all (including my mother read it to me) pronounced it Berensteen Bears, right? Why would we all (including adults) do that if it was Berenstain? Ask anybody, I tell you we're in an alternative reality;)

Do you remember the Shazam movie with Sinbad the comedian? Didn't happen according to this reality...

Except Berenstein has a legit translation, roughly meaning stone bearer and Berenstain is nonsense.

Not to mention we all (including my mother read it to me) pronounced it Berensteen Bears, right? Why would we all (including adults) do that if it was Berenstain? Ask anybody, I tell you we're in an alternative reality;)

Do you remember the Shazam movie with Sinbad the comedian? Didn't happen according to this reality...

I took a university course in Bearenstein vs Bearenstain science.

I know that even adults often skip over words they know. The Bearenstain bears were a well known franchise that we all heard everyone pronouncing Bearentein. So everyone pronounced and read it as Bearenstain without thinking. Also I believe it is supposed to be pronounced Stein and not Stain despite the spelling.

Considering they are bears that talk and wear clothes it shouldn’t be too much of a stretch to believe they spelled their name with an A despite that not being how humans typically spell the last name suffix stein.

Also it appears the author’s last names were spelled Bearenstain. There are often Americans with variations of spellings on European names. Immigrants coming into the states often ended up with a last name spelled how the guy who gave them their papers spelled it.

It was actually Kazaam with Shaq, which I do remember. He was a Genie. I have no idea where this Shazaam with Sinbad thing came from. Kazaam was a third rate movie based soley on Shaq’s hype that wasn’t memorable at all. So when people start talking about an imaginary Shazaam with Sinbad movie many people think, “yeah I think I remember that.”

Back