Mandela Effect? OR just a memory SNAFU?

Read the writing at the top and bottom of the label.
View attachment 1058206
Clearly the correct answer is - both.

I’ve always heard/seen “extrema ratio”.
I hope that's not your picture, the men in Black will be knocking on your door shortly to confiscate that non-conforming material;)

Early Benchmaid catalog:
AOmcww2.jpg

And of course, the original Benchmaid mascot:
spBOTpy.png

Last edited:
:eek: I thought it was Extreme Ratio as well! Though I have never even considered buying one of their knives so I haven't looked into them at all. I only know of them from glancing at posts here every now and then.

I hope that's not your picture, the men in Black will be knocking on your door shortly to confiscate that non-conforming material;)

In full seriousness, you can read about in an interview with the authors' son here. The spelling seemingly derives from a classic case of an immigration officer trying to phonetically spell a dialectical pronunciation of a foreign last name (in this case 19th Century Ukrainian) and the unorthodox spelling even caused Stan Berenstain some trouble in school when a teacher refused to recognize him by that spelling, insisting it was wrong. :p

:eek: I thought it was Extreme Ratio as well! Though I have never even considered buying one of their knives so I haven't looked into them at all. I only know of them from glancing at posts here every now and then.

Same here. They never particularly interested me, but I knew the name (or thought I did), and I would have sworn on anything that it was Extreme Ratio. Weird. o_O

Okay so, the other day I was looking thru knife makers on a site and I came what I THOUGHT was the 'Extreme Ratio' brand.

Only it was spelled 'Extrema Ratio' now, I'm sorry I've looked thru ER's catalog of merchandise numerous times in the past and I am virtually CERTAIN I DO NOT remember the brand name spelled this way. (ExtremA Ratio w/ an 'A')

Rather, I was sure it was always spelled the other way 'ExtremE Ratio' (w/ an 'E')

Could I be wrong? Sure, I suppose so but, in my memory it just seems SO SURE of it being spelled w/ the E.

So, my question is, does anyone else remember Extreme Ratio being spelled this way? Could this potentially be another Mandela Effect anomaly?
Maybe your brain is trying to forget this kind of "Xtreme" ? o_O

The X-files season 11 eps 4 is a good watch for the Mengela effect verse Mandela effect. You probably would have liked the xfles to get it but one of the more interesting episodes.

Don't EVEN get me started on the Bond franchise. Dolly HAD BRACES in Moonraker and I don't give a crap what ANYONE says.

I KNOW what I saw...many, MANY times.

That is perhaps the most notable Mandela Effect I've come across. I went to see Moonraker in the theater as a kid with my parents and my best friend at the time, and we talked and laughed about that scene as we were leaving the theater, thinking it was so funny and cool that Jaws had found himself a girl with "metal" teeth just like his. Of course Dolly had braces. NOBODY will convince me otherwise. :thumbsup:

Back