Manix 2 CRUWEAR

Is anyone else's lock really tough to disengage? I'm no noob to this lock type, but this particular one is hard for me to disengage...I'm hoping I just need to break it in

Yes, it's much stiffer than my S110V model. Not sure what's up with that...

The spring on mine is indeed very stiff...definitely stiffer than my BD1 Lightweight was. I prefer a stiff lock though so it has room to break in and loosen up so I'm not concerned by it.

I'm gonna end up getting a second S110V Manix, ripping the blade out, and slapping it on that beautiful grey G10. If not the grey, maybe the standard black one and get custom scales in the future.

Does anyone still have those s110v in stock? I've been wanting one but can't find them.

Does anyone still have those s110v in stock? I've been wanting one but can't find them.

Bentoboxshop. I just got mine back from Spyderco. I had sent mine in for sharpening, they found a blemish, so they sent me a new one when they were available for sale. They should hit other retailers soon. But Bentobox has them.

On a side note..anyone else notice the pricing on the BBS bundle of the PM2 and lil matriarch? It actually costs $.05 more to buy the bundle. Hell of a deal for a company known for great prices :rolleyes:

I just got my Cruwear Manix and it is perfect out of the box but I have been using a BD-1/S110V LW versions for so long this just feels weird to me.
It may take some time to get used to this.
Great looking knife and the G10 has very good grip too.

I just got my Cruwear Manix and it is perfect out of the box but I have been using a BD-1/S110V LW versions for so long this just feels weird to me.
It may take some time to get used to this.
Great looking knife and the G10 has very good grip too.

Have you considered putting the S110v blade on your Cru Wear handle?

Aren't all the cages black now? There was a problem at one point long ago where there were people reporting breakage with whatever the clear cage was made from.

I'm waiting for the metal cages to come out. These plastic ones are kinda cheap-feeling.

Somehow, another cruwear manix appeared in my mailbox:D

I thought I'd be happy having an extra one, but now I feel kinda bad because it's just gonna sit in my safe until something happens to my current one. I kinda wanna sell it to someone that will use it, but the thought of losing/breaking my current cruwear and trying to find another one drives me crazy!

Anybody experienced this before?

20140726_120646_zpseoazcvb7.jpg

I just returned my extra Cruwear Manix to Knife Center because I didn't want to make it a safe queen and deprive someone of this awesome blade. If anyone is interested maybe give them a call. Should be arriving at their door today or Monday.

Have you considered putting the S110v blade on your Cru Wear handle?

I have thought about this but the LW Manix is pinned so I would have to source some hardware for it and that seem too much a hassle at this time.
My S110V is fine as is and I am probably in the minority preferring the LW to G10.
I noticed this grey G10 gets dirty looking quick too, but it does feel pretty good in hand and after using it a bit I am liking it more.
Not sure if it will displace the S110V quite yet though.

The first Manix2 Lightweight had a pinned pivot. The pivot, and pivot olny, eventually got replaced by torx screws. So the S110V being the most recent Manix2 Lightweight, it has the torx. No problem to swap the blade.

The first Manix2 Lightweight had a pinned pivot. The pivot, and pivot olny, eventually got replaced by torx screws. So the S110V being the most recent Manix2 Lightweight, it has the torx. No problem to swap the blade.

I don't think anyone has swapped a blade yet without also drilling out some of the rivets. The bushings on both sides of the blade tang fit into recesses in the FRN handle so just pulling out the pivot screws is not enough to allow the blade to come out. In one instance someone drilled out the rivets as well. In another instance they ended up breaking the FRN to get the blade out.

I have one on the way.I think some more might hit dealers in the next few weeks....Cruwear is a really good steel and my favorite non-stainless.

Somehow, another cruwear manix appeared in my mailbox:D

I thought I'd be happy having an extra one, but now I feel kinda bad because it's just gonna sit in my safe until something happens to my current one. I kinda wanna sell it to someone that will use it, but the thought of losing/breaking my current cruwear and trying to find another one drives me crazy!

Anybody experienced this before?

I had two KW PM2's and one sat unused. It killed me, but I ended up trading it for a Caly 3.5 SB. I didn't like the idea of selling it, but a trade to a guy who missed out and had something I missed out on seemed like a win-win. Looks like I might also be ending up with two CRUWEAR Manix's as well. I think a trade for another Spydie I am after will be in my future. Sometimes you get lucky and your plan A and B come through and sometimes you end up with no knife.

Back