Manix 2 in Maxamet !

Finally! I'm curious how this performs versus the S110V version in particular...I sold my 110v recently and bought one of the sprints in CTS XHP, I'm planning on getting another in the super wear resistant steels eventually, the field results will help decide if it will be grey or dark blue.

Hate to be pedantic (just kidding, I love it :p), but I believe that is an "exclusive" for KC and not technically a "sprint".
Why'd you sell your S110V Manix?
I love mine so much, I bought another one, both of which have blade regrinds by Big Chris. It's such an awesome knife around the house.
It's so light, you can carry it in basketball shorts and not even know it's there. And it goes thru cardboard like my 4yo son goes thru Otter Pops (also great for cutting the top off Otter Pops)

again my only concern is the LW body cannot be dismantled to clean it or oil the high carbon blade tang. this makes me not want to buy one. i hope they make another model with maxamet with a removable blade. too bad it will be another year or two before that happens if it even does.

again my only concern is the LW body cannot be dismantled to clean it or oil the high carbon blade tang. this makes me not want to buy one. i hope they make another model with maxamet with a removable blade. too bad it will be another year or two before that happens if it even does.

Why can't you remove the blade?

Why can't you remove the blade?

The LW models have riveted handles. You have to drill out the rivets to take the handle apart and get the blade out. A few people have been successful in sourcing bolts to put their LW models back together.

Hate to be pedantic (just kidding, I love it :p), but I believe that is an "exclusive" for KC and not technically a "sprint".
Why'd you sell your S110V Manix?
I love mine so much, I bought another one, both of which have blade regrinds by Big Chris. It's such an awesome knife around the house.
It's so light, you can carry it in basketball shorts and not even know it's there. And it goes thru cardboard like my 4yo son goes thru Otter Pops (also great for cutting the top off Otter Pops)

True, it's an exclusive and not a sprint. I sold the 110V because it was extremely prone to chipping.

Manix2 Maxamet Lightweight Gray FRCP (USA) is available at BladeHQ!

spyderco-manix-2-gray-C101GPGY2-BHQ-24678-er.jpg

spyderco-manix-2-gray-C101GPGY2-BHQ-24678-er-side.jpg

Could be the photos, but it looks like the Maxamet blade has kind of a strange spotty finish...:confused:

Could be the photos, but it looks like the Maxamet blade has kind of a strange spotty finish

My guess is the very high carbide fraction and abrasive wear resistance makes polishing pretty difficult in comparison to VG10, for instance. There is a whole lot of hard carbides there. I've polished some steels before and give respect to Spyderco for going to that high a polish with Maxamet. It's not a regular old cutlery steel that mirrors up easily. :)

Joe

Could be the photos, but it looks like the Maxamet blade has kind of a strange spotty finish...:confused:

The blade looks like it has a standard tumbled finish. It looks great in person.

Last edited:
Back