Manix 2 Lightweight Deep Carry Clip

NWPM2

Gold Member
Does anyone know where I might be able to get a deep carry wire clip that would fit on the Manix 2 Lightweight?

I looked and saw that the clip for the Spyderco C160P Carpenter Foundry would fit perfectly. The bent portion would land on the logo for the knife. It looks like the clips for other models would land on the textured part of the handle.

I did call SFO and, unfortunately, they do not have any more of the Foundry clips since that model has been discontinued for a while.

I think that Lynch NW makes clips, but I really prefer the looks of the wire clip on the lightweight.

Spyderco Kapara, Smallfly, Sage, chaparral, LW Para 3, etc.. Any wire clip will fit any wire clip..
Dragonfly 2 or Lil Native, if you want a shorter clip..

I actually swapped a LW Manix on my Kapara, because I didn't like how deep it sat. That and the smooth scale's, didn't work for me.

Spyderco Kapara, Smallfly, Sage, chaparral, LW Para 3, etc.. Any wire clip will fit any wire clip..
Dragonfly 2 or Lil Native, if you want a shorter clip..

I actually swapped a LW Manix on my Kapara, because I didn't like how deep it sat. That and the smooth scale's, didn't work for me.

Do you know if any of the clips you listed are longer than others? I was looking to get a clip that landed on the part of the knife handle that isn't textured.

Does someone have a Foundry, that can measure the wire clip length?

Just out of curiosity, if it's a different length, from other, deep carry, wire clips.

Also.. Are all Foundry's, deep carry? I see some pics, with a non deep carry clip???

I'm not really familiar with the Foundry. Maybe people that like shallower carry are using Manix LW clips.

I saw this thread on the Spyderco forum that mentioned the deep carry clip of the Foundry:

https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77627

If you go to the third post, you can see the deep carry clip of the Foundry on a Manix LW.

I was actually online just now eyeing the wire clip on the Pattada. As my luck would have it, that's a discontinued model, too. :( I'll call SFO on Monday to see if the clips are available and if they know how long it is. The Pattada looks like a pretty big knife so it might work. When I called them the other day and asked about the Foundry clip, the fellow I talked with immediately asked me if I wanted one for a Manix LW.

I was recently messing around with some Milwaukee utility knife wire clips and they fit fine. They are slightly sturdier than factory clips. Give them a call and they might send you a couple for free.:thumbsup:

Give the LynchNW clip a try too. It's pretty solid and he offers different colors.

2I3fC9S.jpg

That Milwaukee clip looks like it fits perfectly. I actually found some info about using Milwaukee clips as well. I'd actually emailed Milwaukee and they gave me the part number to order - I'm pretty sure it was the same as you show in that picture.

I found the utility knife that uses that part and ended up ordering the whole knife. It should get here soon. I figured I could try that clip.

If that clip doesn't work out, I'll likely order a Lynch clip or a wire clip from a different Spyderco. I've got hope for the Milwaukee clip after seeing your picture, though!

My only real grip with my manix lw is the wire clip doesnt have great tension. I havent tried the lynch clip but I wonder if in use its less comfortable. the wire forms to your hand and creates zero hotspots.

I've only got two Spyderco models with the wire clips - the Manix LW and the Kapara. I do find they seem to have slightly less retention than spoon clips or Lynch clips, but are very comfortable in hand. I think I notice the one on the Kapara just a little more than on the Manix, but they're not uncomfortable at all. I haven't lost any knives with a wire clip so I think there's enough retention for me.

I'm going to try to figure out a deep carry wire clip first for the Manix. I actually like the looks of the wire clip on the Manix LW a lot more than I think I'd like the Lynch clip. I should be getting the Milwaukee knife I ordered in the next 3 or 4 days. I'll give that a try and post pictures if it works. I'm hoping it looks and functions as well as the setup that j-vtol has up above.

That looks awesome, Troy! I'm thinking this clip will work for the Manix LW. Now I'm thinking I might have to get a couple more since I've got a Military. I've gotten used to the tip down, but wouldn't mind trying a wire clip for tip up.

At the risk of derailing my own thread..:D....Did you dremel slots for the wire clip and add a threaded insert?

That looks awesome, Troy! I'm thinking this clip will work for the Manix LW. Now I'm thinking I might have to get a couple more since I've got a Military. I've gotten used to the tip down, but wouldn't mind trying a wire clip for tip up.

At the risk of derailing my own thread..:D....Did you dremel slots for the wire clip and add a threaded insert?

I used a threaded spacer and never did finish the slots, on the Military. I ended up buying some Boomer52 scales, 2nd hand.

However, I've done a Delica(used DF2 barrel and clip) and my LW Native(used stock hardware) with slots.

https://imgur.com/a/bJFFTSe

Ok, the Milwaukee knife I ordered just showed up. I took the clip off and put it on my Manix LW. It works great! I looked online for the kit that j-vtol had and it was about $5. The whole knife was only about $7.00 so I figured I would order the whole knife.

The part number for the knife is 48-22-1500. It's a Milwaukee Fastback Compact Folding Utility Knife. The clip I got was black. I think there were other models with plain steel/chrome clips. I imagine those would fit.

The clip works perfectly and the bend lands right on the Spyderco logo area instead of on the textured part of the handle.

Thanks, winnerone23 winnerone23 and j-vtol j-vtol for the help and information!

Pics or it didn't happen.....
qPZ35QV.jpg

RaFfHPN.jpg

JTxuO2E.jpg

1WRI6U1.jpg

Looks good NWPM2. Don't forget they might send you some replacement clips for free if you call customer support. That's what I did last year, but that may have changed though.

I'll probably just buy a couple more of the Milwaukee knives, j-vtol. I use them quite a bit, but never clip them to my pocket so I could just take the clips off. I usually keep at least a couple utility knives in my tool bag and really like the Milwaukee ones. I didn't take it apart, but it looks like the Milwaukee knife has 4 phosphor bronze washers inside, too.

This clip actually might be more comfortable than the stock wire clips, too. I didn't find the factory one uncomfortable, but the part that rests on the Spyderco logo isn't as high as the stock clip. I can't really tell it's there when cutting up boxes.

Overall, I'm definitely happy with the clip. :thumbsup:

Looks good NWPM2. Don't forget they might send you some replacement clips for free if you call customer support. That's what I did last year, but that may have changed though.

So you called and got free warranty clips for a product you didn’t buy?

So you called and got free warranty clips for a product you didn’t buy?
Well, I did not mention to the nice lady down south that I owned a Milwaukee knife. I did ask her how I could obtain some wire clips. She verified the part#, asked for my shipping address and that was it. Kershaw has sent me out free clips in the past too.:thumbsup:

ZZhLBCX.jpg

eSoa5tH.jpg

That Lynch clip (I presume) looks great on the Manix 2 LW too! Mine just about matches the blade. And it hits on the closest smooth edge around the Spyder in the logo circle. Its shorter overall length (I think) and deep carry is +++

Well, I did not mention to the nice lady down south that I owned a Milwaukee knife. I did ask her how I could obtain some wire clips. She verified the part#, asked for my shipping address and that was it. Kershaw has sent me out free clips in the past too.:thumbsup:

ZZhLBCX.jpg

eSoa5tH.jpg

Back