Manix 2 lightweight

I got a M2 lw last week and I already have 2 G10 models. The lightweight model was very stiff. So I lubed it and loosened the pivot and flicked it a lot. Now it is still stiff unless I loosen the pivot screws to where it barely touches the pivot (no blade play) even with both screws removed there is no blade play.

I searched if there were others with this problem and many said it will break in and not to loosen the screws too much. So my question is why can't the screws be pretty loose (with loctite) if the action is good then? Why should I tighten it and wait for it to break in and be smooth if I can just loosen the screws. I must add though that the screws has to just touch the steel washer of the pivot otherwise the action is stiff. Thanks for any advice

I think you can do whatever works. If looser screws give the action you like and does not introduce play, why not then? The only reason not to keep things too loose is if it allowed the moving parts to be out of alignment to the point where abnormal wear could occur (such as a pivot pin free to wallow around in the hole and work it oval) or if it introduced instability in the lock. But if you are not feeling play in operation it does not sound like you are at that condition. As it wears in you may find you need to tighten it back up, but that should not go on for too long before it settles in.

Back