Manix 2 lockback

8ce0e737a1265e36498235968640f8ab.jpg
Saw this on gp knives thoughts?

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

I think it's neat but the BB lock is the better lock in my opinion. I am not sure which lock is stronger though. Is the Manix Lockback slimmer? I just think the BB is one of the best locks out there. The axis lock is good too hut the Bb lock uses a more reliable coil spring.

I think it's neat but the BB lock is the better lock in my opinion. I am not sure which lock is stronger though. Is the Manix Lockback slimmer? I just think the BB is one of the best locks out there. The axis lock is good too hut the Bb lock uses a more reliable coil spring.
Unfortunately I dont know the handle thickness but it says it will be linerless so it is possible.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

In the video Eric says that although linerless, the G10 handles are a bit thicker to provide a better grip

I like the ball lock better but this is a good addition to their product line because a lot of people like the lockback

The backlock version has a thicker blade (.15 I believe) it is linerless, with thicker G10 scales to compensate. That being said, I like and will stick with BB version :)

I hate the jimping all the way around the Manix 2 so this will be a nice change. If I had to guess, I would bet that the Manix 2 lockback is stronger than the CBBL.

I also loved the original Manix and Mini-Manix so this will be perfect IMO.

I pre-ordered it at GPK.

I hate the jimping all the way around the Manix 2 so this will be a nice change. If I had to guess, I would bet that the Manix 2 lockback is stronger than the CBBL.

I also loved the original Manix and Mini-Manix so this will be perfect IMO.

I pre-ordered it at GPK.

Not the case. Sal has stated that the CBBL is their "MBC" lock, which means it's the strongest lock they make. It's what they classify as "extremely heavy duty." IRRC, the back lock is a couple steps down from the CBBL.

Sal posted this in a thread on the spydie forums in the past:

n-house Lock strength standards
Light Duty equals over 25 inch/lbs of lock strength per inch of blade length
Medium Duty equals over 50 inch/lbs per inch of blade length
Heavy Duty equals over 100 inch/lbs per inch of blade length.
Very Heavy Duty (MBC) equals over 200 inch/lbs of lock strength per inch of blade length.

I feel like I remember him saying the CBBL is the only MBC lock they have.

He did not say it was the strongest lock they make. It is a very strong lock, however.

I cannot wait for this knife to be released. I have been asking for this for several years (not just me) and it is now about to arrive at dealers, supposedly, this month.

He did not say it was the strongest lock they make. It is a very strong lock, however.

I cannot wait for this knife to be released. I have been asking for this for several years (not just me) and it is now about to arrive at dealers, supposedly, this month.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1483401-GB2-or-maxamet-Manix-2 the manix2 caged bearing lock is very stong. not sure what they rate the lockback in these 4 area's.

Hi. The Manix is running over 200 inch/lbs per inch of blade which would rate it Very Heavy Duty (same as MBC, but as suggested by a forumite, MBC may not be a good name for the rating considering the large number of customers that have no interest in Martial Blade Craft (MBC).

Hi Cutengineer. Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

There is no governing body that sets rating. Spyderco employs our own in-house rating system in the construction of our designs. We set the desired standard when we design the model and build to that standard. We test (break) the models in development and continue to test (break) the models to ensure that our standards have not changed.

In-house Lock strength standards

Light Duty = over 25 inch/lbs of lock strength per inch of blade length.
Medium Duty = over 50 inch/lbs per inch of blade length.
Heavy Duty = over 100 inch/lbs per inch of blade length.
Very Heavy Duty (MBC) = over 200 inch/lbs of lock strength per inch of blade length.

We also have our standards for G-10 (ours is custom made), blade strength, and other general safety issues.

sal

I agree. The ball bearing lock is great. I'd like to see it on more knives.

Sal never, ever said that the CBBL was stronger than the back lock. In some cases it might be, but he never said that. In fact, he has said how strong the back lock is. He chose it for his personal favorite outdoor folders, the Stretch (he was was very tough) and the Police 4. In several tests, the back lock was proven stronger than the CBBL. I would also note that the Triad Lock is also a back lock. The CBBL is a very strong lock, and that is for certain.

There are things I like about it, such as no lock rock. But it is not as easy to use as a back lock, either. Also, it has more parts to fail (unlikely, but possible, though I have seen the springs and lock bar break on some cheap lock backs {note: cheap}.

Spyderco can make a back lock stronger than the CBBL. Guaranteed.

I would bet that the CBBL and this new Manix 2 backlock are close in lock strength. The original Manix that was a backlock was hella strong. I would almost venture a bet that it was/is stronger than the CBBL.

;)

Spyderco can make a back lock stronger than the CBBL. Guaranteed.

I would bet that the CBBL and this new Manix 2 backlock are close in lock strength. The original Manix that was a backlock was hella strong. I would almost venture a bet that it was/is stronger than the CBBL.

;)

This 100%. Anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves

As soon as funds permit I'll be getting one.

There is nothing wrong with the BB lock, but I have difficulty using it with my carpal tunnel problems. This backlock is just what I've been looking for (without paying so much for the older models).

Back