Manix 2 lockback

Check out the beefy spring, backspacer and lockbar

pkbrKMc.jpg

Tqyy1Nb.jpg

v8aUCb5.jpg

It looks like they changed the angle of the lock engagement, from the photo. And look and the size of that back spring. Is it my imagination or is that thing big?

The thing is massive! Twice as thick as a normal FRN spring. I can tell you that Spyderco has tightened up their tolerances a good bit as everything fits back together real tight. This one is a little tricky due to the floating lockbar pin, but manageable! It assembled back together perfectly with a centered blade, and extremely smooth, now that I've polished the washers and blade tang on bare leather.

I love how few pieces there are! Thanks for the pics

Last edited:
I love how few pieces there are! That's for the pics

Simplicity at its best! Strange though, the notched side of the pivot is on the clip side (RH carry) on the backlock, when its on the presentation side on the BB Manix. I strongly feel that the notched side should be a "set it and forget it" and adjust blade tension from the opposite sides. This helps eliminate MOST of the blade play I've ever encountered with Spydies.

697SBIq.jpg

This Manix 2 lock back looks like a really great knife. I really like how they made it without liners. I feel like liners are largely useless on most g10 or CF knives as the material is always so rigid. I like those nice beefy locking parts.

How do you guys feel this knife is compared to the original BB lock Manix 2? Is it worth getting? So far I only have the BD1 Manix 2 LightWeight. I always thought the BB lock is such a great lock I am not sure if a back lock brings much to the table. On the other hand I like how this knife deleted the liners. Now all I need is a Manix 2 BB lock with no liners.

The FRN Manix and g10/liners Manix feel very similar in size and shape in the hand. Honestly, the backlock Manix 2 feels like a total different knife in hand.

This is what I envisioned when I first heard about the original Manix 2 (the one that ended up being hollow-ground, CBBL). I love the tip-down support. Can't wait to get one.

The back lock version is superior to the BBL version in many ways, I believe. It is my favorite. I am now looking for future additions.

That's a very nice line up. If you could only keep one, which? No reason required.

Let's sweeten the deal.. and no new knives for next 6 months. Kidding. But serious about my first question.

These are all keepers, PLEASE don't make me choose one! lol It's like asking me to choose one Becker. Nah really, if I could only choose one, it would probably be the Maxamet Manix. It's one I've had since my wife bought it for me for Christmas, and I haven't had to take it to the sharpening stones yet, only stropping on black compound brings it back to razor sharp every time! If you haven't experienced Maxamet, you should do so now!

Interesting. I had you pegged for the CRUWEAR with CF.

I will have me some Maxamet one day, just not in this knife. I have a Manix with CTS-XHP. I think it is a great knife, I'm just not crazy about the BBL. Holding out for PM2 in Maxamet, if it happens.

Also holding out for the next flavor of Manix lockback, what ever that may be.

Last edited:
This is my favorite knife! I am already hoping for new steels, and new versions (like all black, and frn LW, and XL, and...). Mine is still as tight as when I took it out of the box and the lock engagement is so satisfying that I do not get tired of playing with it or using it.

This is my favorite knife! I am already hoping for new steels, and new versions (like all black, and frn LW, and XL, and...). Mine is still as tight as when I took it out of the box and the lock engagement is so satisfying that I do not get tired of playing with it or using it.

I am hoping for something like cruwear or k390

Back