Manix 2 lockback

With the thicker g10 slabs, would this knife be tougher than the standard as far as twisting and bending in hard use? Would the pivot pin be stronger? Is it generally more durable? It doesn’t have the stop screw at the blade stop, do the thicker handles compensate for that as far strength in resistance to loosening?
I have no doubt the lock is plenty strong, not even a question for me.

The pivot is a lot larger than the standard pivot pin and the blade stock is a lot thicker, giving it a very heavy tang. It should be strong enough for anything a folder could conceivably do.

The pivot is a lot larger than the standard pivot pin and the blade stock is a lot thicker, giving it a very heavy tang. It should be strong enough for anything a folder could conceivably do.
I must be physic...I can see one in my future!

Saw someone liked a post in this thread from awhile back that brought me back here I have had a manix 2 Back Lock since release and still carry mine quite often. If they discontinue it..... I’ll buy several as backups. If they run a sprint in M4 or cruwear...... I’ll buy several. It’s simply amazing if you thought the standard manix 2 cbbl was lacking. Did I mention is still has absolutely ZERO blade play in any direction? If I could have one Spydie and one only..... this is it.

With the thicker g10 slabs, would this knife be tougher than the standard as far as twisting and bending in hard use? Would the pivot pin be stronger? Is it generally more durable? It doesn’t have the stop screw at the blade stop, do the thicker handles compensate for that as far strength in resistance to loosening?
I have no doubt the lock is plenty strong, not even a question for me.

To put it simply.... it’s the best and strongest knife Spyderco makes regular production. That of course is my opinion. YMMV.

Mine has no blade play at all. I use it and it is still very tight. I really want some more versions of this knife.

A sprint run of this in M4 and CF would be perfect. Even the Jade BHQ would be pretty cool linerless.

A sprint run of this in M4 and CF would be perfect. Even the Jade BHQ would be pretty cool linerless.

I used my back lock Manix 2 to cut up 3/4” thick rubber tonight as a base for weights in our home gym. Handled it like a champ. The design and execution out classes many knives that are much more expensive

I would love to see more variants of this knife and a light weight is at the top of my wish list, followed by an XL.

I would love to see more variants of this knife and a light weight is at the top of my wish list, followed by an XL.
Either would be fantastic but given it’s simply a different manix 2.... I’m not holding my breathe because I don’t think demand is there for it

Oh, I think it is doing alright. This thread alone has garnered more than 11,500 reads and 150 posts at this time. There are a number of similar threads on this knife.

I just ordered one on the Ebay Springtime sale. Can hardly wait! Lock backs are one of my favorite lock designs and after getting ahold of the linerless KC green Native 5 I think a similar Manix will be just the ticket for EDC.

I just ordered one on the Ebay Springtime sale. Can hardly wait! Lock backs are one of my favorite lock designs and after getting ahold of the linerless KC green Native 5 I think a similar Manix will be just the ticket for EDC.
Tell us about it when you get it. I am certain you will be a big fan like the rest of us.

I have always been a backlock fan and have more variants of this lock than any other design. I also really like stout blades that retain slicing ability. Thicker scales to accommodate my large hands and this should be a home run! Also after recently getting a KC green Native 5 with the linerless G10 I was encouraged by the stellar fit and finish and substantial feeling with reasonable weight.
Once I get it I'll put a 600grit edge on it and do some extended cutting and let y'all know how it goes. The only concern I have at all is what it will feel like in my back right pocket ;)

Received the back lock last week. Impeccable! Fit and finish is superb! Drops free 90 deg upon depressing lockbar with zero lateral play. G10 texture is really nice-just grippy enough. Really feels comfortable in hand and remains 25 thou behind the edge so will be an ok slicer. Will report back after I get some extended cutting with it but for now I have to say this is one of the best all around Spydies for the money!
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-kmCLJ9D/0/7daf21ff/1920/i-kmCLJ9D-1920.mp4

I'm liking the lock back Manix 2.
Now we need a re-release of the Manix 1, with linerless construction!
Here's a pic of my Manix 1 and 2.
U2aMw1r.jpg

I really hope they do a sprint in this model. Come on Sal! How about some red g10 and M390!!!

Back