Manix 2 Photographs

in one of the photos from blade, the manix2 had a ffg.:eek: just maybe spyderco heard all our griping about the grind? cross your fingers people!;)

The only thing that worries me is the steal. Not the choice (I’ve got no problem with 154cm) but the heat treat. In my observations a steel from a particular maker or manufacturer really shines after they’ve been using it for a few years and the people who do the heat treats know exactly what to do. While often times when a maker or a manufacture starts using a new steel there is something of a learning curve before they can make that steel perform to the best of its capabilities.

That being said I remember spyderco’s S30V shining bright from the start. So my concerns may not be valid.

Most knife manufacturers send the blades out to a professional heat treater who will just use the specs provided by the steel manufacturer. I doubt spyderco does any different. If the steel manufacturer provides correct directions and the outsourced (or inside in some cases) heat treater follows them then you get a decent blade.

It's really not rocket science, just following directions. So I doubt you should have any worries about Spyderco using a correct heat treat for 154cm which has been used in knives for about 10 years now and the optimal heat treat is well known and publicized.

Last edited:
in one of the photos from blade, the manix2 had a ffg.:eek: just maybe spyderco heard all our griping about the grind? cross your fingers people!;)

That thought has crossed my mind too. I posted in the Ti Military thread about it. :thumbup:

I'm gonna go against the crowd and say I love it. If it makes it to production as pictured, I'll be picking up my first Spyderco.

I really like it too... I'm relatively new to the spyderco game and hope to pick up this knife soon... it'll let me try out Spyderco's 154 cm plus the (caged?) ball bearing lock.

I'm sorry if anybody's mentioned this, but do we have an ETA?

Great looking Updated Manix..
Great handle shape, just like the Mini only alittle thinner
Ball Lock
and best of all.... 154CM

We plan a variety of options in blade grinds, handle materials and edges.

sal

Any plans on drilling some holes in those liners to save some weight as well Sal:D

Sverre

PS! Will probably show lack of self restraint and buy one anyway;)

Since it's a Golden, CO knife we may see S30v or S90v on the sprint runs. :D

I don't particularly care about blade steels, anything above Aus 8 or 440C is fine by me, but I think it's kind of cool that they're using 154cm. Leaves lots of room for exotic sprint runs and keeps the price down/will make it easy to bring myself to use it. I also think having options in handle materials would be really cool too, or at least different colors.

Well it looks like the Manix II's just been released! Its now up on "the bay" with a very nice street price. Looks like a damn good buy for the money.:D

... nice to see some it sporting some teeth too.

Well it looks like the Manix II's just been released! Its now up on "the bay" with a very nice street price. Looks like a damn good buy for the money.:D

... nice to see some it sporting some teeth too.

Oh god, I may just get it to check it out, post pics and do a quick write up. A lot cheaper than I thought it'd be.

Back