1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Manix 2 Photographs

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by The Deacon, Mar 31, 2009.

1. 1kimo4u

1kimo4u

Jul 13, 2007
    in one of the photos from blade, the manix2 had a ffg.:eek: just maybe spyderco heard all our griping about the grind? cross your fingers people!;)

2. Biginboca

Biginboca Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 1999
    Most knife manufacturers send the blades out to a professional heat treater who will just use the specs provided by the steel manufacturer. I doubt spyderco does any different. If the steel manufacturer provides correct directions and the outsourced (or inside in some cases) heat treater follows them then you get a decent blade.

It's really not rocket science, just following directions. So I doubt you should have any worries about Spyderco using a correct heat treat for 154cm which has been used in knives for about 10 years now and the optimal heat treat is well known and publicized.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  3. amen74

amen74

Mar 10, 2008

That thought has crossed my mind too. I posted in the Ti Military thread about it. :thumbup:

4. Jpalmer1988

Jpalmer1988

Apr 4, 2008
    I'm gonna go against the crowd and say I love it. If it makes it to production as pictured, I'll be picking up my first Spyderco.

5. MichaelScarn

MichaelScarn

Oct 27, 2008
    I really like it too... I'm relatively new to the spyderco game and hope to pick up this knife soon... it'll let me try out Spyderco's 154 cm plus the (caged?) ball bearing lock.

I'm sorry if anybody's mentioned this, but do we have an ETA?

6. Jpalmer1988

Jpalmer1988

Apr 4, 2008
    I think it said to be around late July or August.

7. AlphaBrass01

AlphaBrass01

Jul 18, 2003
    Awesome!

8. blade14

blade14

Jul 3, 2005
    Just when I thought my paycheck was safe...

9. blade14

blade14

Jul 3, 2005
    Will there be any other options besides plain?
    Serrated?
    Black blade?

10. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    We plan a variety of options in blade grinds, handle materials and edges.

sal

11. DD1

DD1

Feb 29, 2008
    Great looking Updated Manix..
    Great handle shape, just like the Mini only alittle thinner
    Ball Lock
    and best of all.... 154CM

12. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    Any plans on drilling some holes in those liners to save some weight as well Sal:D

Sverre

PS! Will probably show lack of self restraint and buy one anyway;)

13. Dr Heelhook

Dr Heelhook Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    I love that.

14. BDNX

BDNX

Jul 30, 2004
    I actually like all that jimping...looks unique...I dunno.

15. LorenzoL

LorenzoL

Mar 9, 2009
    Sal, what about a variety in steels? I can live with G10 scales but I would like more options than just 154CM.

16. 5.56

Sep 27, 2008
    Since it's a Golden, CO knife we may see S30v or S90v on the sprint runs. :D

17. npueppke

npueppke

Jul 17, 2008
    I don't particularly care about blade steels, anything above Aus 8 or 440C is fine by me, but I think it's kind of cool that they're using 154cm. Leaves lots of room for exotic sprint runs and keeps the price down/will make it easy to bring myself to use it. I also think having options in handle materials would be really cool too, or at least different colors.

18. bodankers

bodankers

Jul 15, 2007
    Well it looks like the Manix II's just been released! Its now up on "the bay" with a very nice street price. Looks like a damn good buy for the money.:D

... nice to see some it sporting some teeth too.

19. riz_aaroni

riz_aaroni Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Oh god, I may just get it to check it out, post pics and do a quick write up. A lot cheaper than I thought it'd be.

20. gunmike1

gunmike1

Dec 9, 2005
    I'm getting mine next week. All of $79.99! That's a good deal IMO.

Mike