manix 2 picture thread

YjP1PQq.jpg
How she cut? That bevel goes on forever. I like it.

How she cut? That bevel goes on forever. I like it.

Thanks, yeah she cuts super smooth and razor keen.;) Generally I like thin bladed knives, and when I got this - my first Manix 2, it seemed a little thick both at the blade spine and behind the edge, for my taste.

I don’t baby my knives particularly, but I think there’s usually a lot of performance potential to be unlocked in most Spydies by thinning out the edge area a fair bit. (Depending on your usage.) I put a tiny Sharpmaker 15dps bevel at the apex for durability and easy resharpening.

The Cruwear seems to take a wicked keen edge apex with less effort than a lot of other PM steels, but holds its edge fairly well too. :cool::thumbsup:

Camber, those bevels look good. I like running my Manix bevels low like that too. Seems to work well in cruwear and 52100.

Camber, those bevels look good. I like running my Manix bevels low like that too. Seems to work well in cruwear and 52100.

Thanks Blueblur, yeah I agree. Cruwear and 52100 seem to be able to go pretty thin behind the edge and still hold up well.

My 52100 Manix was a bit thinner at the spine and behind the edge, compared to my Cruwear example.

The two Spyderco knives that I'm carrying today. My screw converted Manix 2 and a regular G-10 Manix 2 swapped with Titanium - Flytanium scales

KiUZcEq.jpg

Back