Manix 2 Titanium cage

I've been waiting on this one too. There was a member here a few years back that made a Ti BB cage for the Manix, but they just disappeared and never came back around. I'll be picking a few of these up for each of my Manix knives!

Ugh! Must resist.....urge...to buy more crap I don't need..

I'm such a pushover--Well, over to the Flytanium site for me! : )

I've been waiting on this one too. There was a member here a few years back that made a Ti BB cage for the Manix, but they just disappeared and never came back around. I'll be picking a few of these up for each of my Manix knives!
I too was very interested in that ti cage. I'm just glad these are actually being made. I saw the price on these is suppose to be somewhere around $30.

Where can you buy them and how much will they cost? My Manix 2 is completely metal, with the ti cage I will get rid of the plastic part FINALLY.
I would pay $100 for this, but $30 is great.

Oh it's flytanium so it's a legit company too that I can order from? Oh ye gods I can't wait!

Where are these parts actually manufactured? Is there 100% confirmed information, has anybody seen a vid of the factory or similar?

If the parts are being sold by a company located in the US, doesn't automatically mean that they personally manufacture (material, machining, milling, finishing) the parts in a factory in the US. I am just saying. One can easily source an actual manufacturer on Alibaba and have the parts manufactured there (MOQ 200pcs) and sent them over. In fact, Aliexpress sells titanium scales/cages/screws/backspacers/etc in all kinds of styles/colors/anodizations for popular knife models. Not only titanium, also brass, copper and whatnot.

I agree though that 30$ is a pretty good deal. And i don't mind whether or not Flytanium products are actually made in PRC. I am just being curious.

Last edited:
What's your point ? We know Flytanium scales come from China. I'll take a Ti Manix 2 cage from China anytime, unless Spyderco has a patent on it. Do we know ?

I didn't know that Flytanium scales come from China. I was guessing so though, which was my point. So thanks for the confirmation!

Btw I got my Chitanium knife clips, backspacers, screws, handles from AliX too. If these parts hadn't been available on AliX, sure i would have considered ordering them from Flytanium shop no problem.

This just gives a better feel than the plastic grips correct? Nothing else?

Help me understand the benefits of it. Will it make the CBBL easier to operate? I know the plastic pole can break but to me it is a very rare thing to happen.

Looks cool but seems like an answer in search of a question in terms of functionality (there’s nothing wrong with the plastic ones).

I see this as an appearance upgrade and not a functional one. Also concerned about sticking if it’s in contact with steel.

Back